Apple iPad 16GB Wi-Fi Edition Tablet PC First Impressions

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Apple iPad 16GB Wi-Fi Edition Tablet PC First Impressions

Post by Illuminati »

Today we have the first impressions of a lucky Apple iPad user who just picked their brand new Apple iPad 16GB Wi-Fi Edition earlier this morning. We touch on the initial unboxing, first impressions, initial sync, and available apps. Read on to get this Apple user's first impressions of the Apple iPad just released today!
Early this morning, I got up and went to pickup my 16gb iPad WiFi. Before I got carried away playing with it and discovering the fun little touches that go along with it being an Apple product, I wanted share with you some pictures and my first impressions. [...] Opening the box, the first thing you see is the iPad with the power adapter and cable sitting just underneath. That is about all there is to it. The only things I noticed were not included were a cleaning cloth, like the ones that come with iPhones, and headphones. I think that these would be nice to have included.
Article Title: Apple iPad 16GB Wi-Fi Edition Tablet PC First Impressions
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1268/1/
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Apple iPad 16GB Wi-Fi Edition Tablet PC First Impressions

Post by djpinc19 »

a question thats has been asked for awhile, but id like to throw in there

"does the iPad make a feasible laptop replacement?"
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Depends on what you use your laptop for, if you just surf and don't actually use your laptop for any work then yes. And yes I do own an Ipad not just an apple fanboi
skier

Post by skier »

-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

skier wrote:[youtube]hx6_YdR-xjA[/youtub]
And the way he opened the shrink wrap wasn't in the least like he was covering up it'd already been opened.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Krab
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Krab »

The video is a good marketing ploy to encourage people to buy it in case they get a 2nd iPad by "accident" :lol:
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

lol stop being realists and just imagine for a second you did get a second ipad :P

I'm not really an apple fanboi, can't say I see a purpose in the ipad. I am looking into the next generation iphone, also there are still rumors of the CDMA iphone being marketed on verizon, I really hope this is true.
iseeman
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by iseeman »

looks very good :goodman:
countcristo
Legit User
Legit User

Post by countcristo »

"Writing this on an iPad...cool, but not $500 cool... :'(" = quote from my friend on twitter. What a waste of money like all brand named items (just DIY, ftw).
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

That a lot of Apples on the table.
http://legitreviews.com/images/reviews/ ... d_sync.jpg
Thanks for the review. I still have a question about this device though. What exactly is it being sold as and to? I understand it's a tablet but what practicality does it posses? Do you use this in place of a computer or is this more of an extension of your Mac? Is this designed for people to take with them when they are out and about? For the price I don't understand why I would want it. Help clue me in here.
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

Used an iPad when I was at the Apple Store yesterday. Hate it. To me, it confirms my suspicions that it's just an overly huge iPod Touch.
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Major_A wrote:That a lot of Apples on the table.
Thanks for the review. I still have a question about this device though. What exactly is it being sold as and to? I understand it's a tablet but what practicality does it posses? Do you use this in place of a computer or is this more of an extension of your Mac? Is this designed for people to take with them when they are out and about? For the price I don't understand why I would want it. Help clue me in here.
I ordered a 3G version but for me. I am often doing stuff around the house like watching tv and use my iPhone quite a bit for email and moderate web surfing. It gets frustrating on the small screen sometime but I don't always feel like booting up the laptop. With Netflix streaming, I can watch movies on it anywhere in the house again without lugging around the laptop. These are just a few of the reasons. It won't replace my laptop or iPhone but will become a hybrid device between the two instead.
Joe
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Thanks for explaining. It's like a netbook but with an Apple logo on it, that's how I'm taking it anyway. People look at my like I'm crazy for owning a netbook but at the time of purchase it satisfied all the needs I was looking for. Portability, lightweight, long battery life and easily fit on an airplane tray. The last one there was the real deal sealer. At the time I was on an airplane what seemed like every week and my iPod Classic wasn't cutting the plane rides any longer.
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

Video: "What the hell?" = acting FAIL!
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

skier wrote:

haha, it's Dylan.... 95% of what you see on Household Hacker is a spoof and what's funny is he's making a crap ton of money off it :)
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Post by skier »

haha i saw it on twitter and just thought i should post it up to see if anyone would actually think it was legit :lol:
Apoptosis wrote:haha, it's Dylan.... 95% of what you see on Household Hacker is a spoof and what's funny is he's making a crap ton of money off it :)
any publicity is good publicity right? 8)
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Major_A wrote:That a lot of Apples on the table.
That's nothing currently I have an iPhone, iPad, MacBook pro, and a Mac mini and a 27 inch iMac
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

I still see absolutely no market for this product. I'm glad some people enjoy it I guess. I think I'd be like "oh cool" then after an hour I'd be over it.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

I just had a few minutes hands on with one and my first impressions are it is fast and the native iPad apps out there now use the screen res pretty well. the ABC app was also impressively fast at page loads (using pre-downloaded content).

As far as a big market, I know there are some educational institutions that are already planning on distributing these to their incoming students for use in the classroom and businesses are already using these as POS (Point of Sale) systems with apps like Square. That's not counting the consumer market for people that think they are cool. Did I mention it is fast?
Justin West
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Would I ever get one? no, probably not. If I somehow got one given to me, I might keep it for a while, but I'd be more interested in an Android equivalent tablet. Just sayin'.
Justin West