Anybody Watching NCAA Basketball?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Anybody Watching NCAA Basketball?

Post by eunoia »

I'm usually not a big fan of watching sports, but this is one of the most exciting sports tournaments I know of. The players are in unbelievable shape, and always superbly coached year after year. This year, a few upsets on one side of the brackets and a couple of high profile schools on the other.

Who do you like? Having no U.S. college team of my own (Montreal Canadiens banners hang from at least three balconies I can see from my window) I've been known to cheer for North Carolina, but out of the teams that are left, I'd have to pick Duke, just because coach K has been there often and will have them as ready as can be. In any case, it's good in a way to not have a strong favorite, all these guys can really play and they don't hold anything back.
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Anybody Watching NCAA Basketball?

Post by eunoia »

Guess not.

Duke won BTW. :)
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Yep, and what a game it was. I can't stand Duke, and good for Butler for putting up a fight. It's still kind of hard for me to believe how young Butler's coach is - I've heard 32 and 33 - either way, pretty young. And now...the long summer sporting drought is about to begin. :drinkers:
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Sporg wrote:Yep, and what a game it was. I can't stand Duke, and good for Butler for putting up a fight. It's still kind of hard for me to believe how young Butler's coach is - I've heard 32 and 33 - either way, pretty young. And now...the long summer sporting drought is about to begin. :drinkers:
Oh I wouldn't say that. Any World Cup fans?
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

Best National Championship game that I've watched in a long time, except of course when the Arkansas Razorbacks beat Duke back in 1994 for the National Title.

Got to say that I was extremely impressed with the way that Butler played. You can tell that they are well coached and have excellent basketball IQ. Duke played as well as I have ever seen them play, but my feelings would not have been hurt had that half court shot dropped in at the buzzer.
Don't ask me, cause I know nothing! I'm lost in this world of technology and am barely holding my head above water. Thank the Good Lord for LR, otherwise I would have drowned years ago.
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

Razorbacx wrote:Best National Championship game that I've watched in a long time, except of course when the Arkansas Razorbacks beat Duke back in 1994 for the National Title.

Got to say that I was extremely impressed with the way that Butler played. You can tell that they are well coached and have excellent basketball IQ. Duke played as well as I have ever seen them play, but my feelings would not have been hurt had that half court shot dropped in at the buzzer.
I could have stood the shot dropping for two points instead and getting another five minutes of basketball, that's for sure. I like Duke mostly because they're familiar, having made it deep into the tournament so many times. I do remember that Arkansas game. =D>
Nobahar wrote:
Sporg wrote:Yep, and what a game it was. I can't stand Duke, and good for Butler for putting up a fight. It's still kind of hard for me to believe how young Butler's coach is - I've heard 32 and 33 - either way, pretty young. And now...the long summer sporting drought is about to begin. :drinkers:
Oh I wouldn't say that. Any World Cup fans?
Hard not to get caught up in the World Cup, at least a little. Looking forward to seeing Lionel Messi play, and even more to the reaction to his play. The World Cup to me is about watching the games in pubs and seeing how positively nutso the real fans get.
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Depends on where you live of course, in DC you have so many ethnicities and hardcore footballers that if you go to a pub you can learn swearing in any language you want :p

But yes, back to the topic the NCAA final was great. It's too bad my teams were knocked out in the second round though.
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

Re: ethnicities

I hear ya! Here in Montreal, St. Laurent street will get shut down at least a few hours by jubilant flag-waving fans no matter who wins!