Gigabyte p55a-ud4p wont start

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Geezy
Legit User
Legit User

Gigabyte p55a-ud4p wont start

Post by Geezy »

I guys i recently bought this board with a pair of 4GB G.Skill 4gb1600MHz Ripjaw Series memory i finally got my Power Supply today so i build my system and hit the power button thinking i would be one of the happiest guys alive today (finally completed my upgrade) and that's when i realized that the system would not start, so i check everything and i mean every connection but nothing worked, then it hit that i never check the boards compatibility chart an low and behold the memory i got are not supported.

So the question is WILL IT STOP THE BOARD FROM POWERING UP???, the power supply is good as i checked it on another system, the processor i got is also the i7 860 and the first version of the bios that was released supports my processor so i doubt that it is the problem
If you love supn let it go, if comes back to you its yours, if it doesn't it never was
trucz
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Gigabyte p55a-ud4p wont start

Post by trucz »

so does your psu turn on or not? try the switch on the back of the psu or check if the power switch pin is connected to your mb properly. unsupported memory should not stop from power up.
MSI K9A2 CF
AMD X2 2.7GHz
Crucial 2GB DDR2 Ballistix
Seagate 500GB 7200.11
Geezy
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Gigabyte p55a-ud4p wont start

Post by Geezy »

yeah the power supply works perfectly fine as i tried it on another system, my friend said that he had a problem like this once what happened to him was the board needed a BIOS update to support is processor so he had to get a older processor then he updated the bios to match is processor, in my case though GB site is showing that my bios does support my i7 860,

Do you think my board is a case of DOA ??
If you love supn let it go, if comes back to you its yours, if it doesn't it never was