First Person Slashers

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Legit User
Legit User

First Person Slashers

Post by sticky »

Has anyone played AVP3 yet? Let's hear it. Do they let you play the alien in death match?

I hope they've made improvements on AVP2. Turning the alien's pounce maneuver (a swift, tactical jump alternative) into a compulsory power-up attack that obliterates your enemy on impact, all the while retarding game play; that's got to be the lowest trade-off feature in gaming history. I thought tat feature sucked especially.

The alien is suppose to be about fluid freedom of movement - and primitive killer instinct, of course. Not many games have you run about wall and ceiling attacking people up close and personal in adrenaline fueled kill frenzy; tail, tooth and claw. Let me know if there are others out there. I would like to see more of that alternative - the First Person Slasher, it would be great! :ANAL:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: First Person Slashers

Post by vicaphit »

It wasn't what everyone expected, which means you can probably get it pretty cheap already.

I wish I had gotten to try out the single player, so I can't tell you how that was.

In DM, you can play as predator, alien, or marine. That is pretty much it. There isn't much variety from what I saw.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit