Are you guy's getting worried?

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Are you guy's getting worried?

Post by vbironchef »

KnightRid, DaIceMan, camaroguy1998, All of you are going down. It's just a matter of time. It's the weekend, and this is just in good fun. I hope we as a team can get at least 5K to 6K Avg PPD. Fold on everyone! :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Are you guy's getting worried?

Post by Apoptosis »

looks like we are heading into the summer slow down a little early. It all started when Bwall stopped. I blame him and of course Canada. :)
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Apoptosis, I have bigger problems to deal with. Natasha's daughter is unemployed and living with us. She is 32 years old. Yea, that's no type-o. 32 years old and living with her mom. What Kind of **** is that. . She is complete denial that she has a problem. My life sucks as long as she lives here. She did not report income from a baby sitting job from a job and got reported. Now she can't collect unemplyoment and she has to pay a 1700.00 Fine. Now she can't collect unenployment for 3 years because she did not report income. She is a piece of work. She would rather ask her family for money than go an earn it. My biggest issue is that she turns off my folding GPU clients in her bedroom just to piss me off. What should her mother do?
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

vbironchef wrote:Apoptosis, I have bigger problems to deal with. Natasha's daughter is unemployed and living with us. She is 32 years old. Yea, that's no type-o. 32 years old and living with her mom. What Kind of **** is that. . She is complete denial that she has a problem. My life sucks as long as she lives here. She did not report income from a baby sitting job from a job and got reported. Now she can't collect unemplyoment and she has to pay a 1700.00 Fine. Now she can't collect unenployment for 3 years because she did not report income. She is a piece of work. She would rather ask her family for money than go an earn it. My biggest issue is that she turns off my folding GPU clients in her bedroom just to piss me off. What should her mother do?
Um, family problem and I'm not sure how to deal with this. For the folding, can't you run folding on your admin account with a password and everything, then create a separate account for her to use so she can't close your folding?
Apoptosis wrote:looks like we are heading into the summer slow down a little early. It all started when Bwall stopped. I blame him and of course Canada. :)
Why you hating on Canada? We're all still folding for one cause you know :)
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

vbironchef wrote:KnightRid, DaIceMan, camaroguy1998, All of you are going down. It's just a matter of time. It's the weekend, and this is just in good fun. I hope we as a team can get at least 5K to 6K Avg PPD. Fold on everyone! :)
I am pretty much maxed out for the moment and I see you coming on fast, not much I can do about it!
But, I'm not worried! 8-[
Fold On!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I'll have me a folding machine again real soon. :snakeman:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

says 5.1 months till I am overtaken DOH - computer in the bedroom stopped for some reason and i havent had time to mess with it - got a Droid Eris so I have been playing :)

I dont think the dual core in the bedroom does much anyway as the bigadv is where it is at! I just wish I could have my Q6700 do bigadv. I also wish the vmplayer would fully support 8+ cores in the free version! It works, but it may be faster if it would support it.

I wish more people would fold. I think it is a great cause, although the fah organization really needs help! Clients need to come out faster, automatically, and support the processors that have been out for YEARS. *off soap box*

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I'd fold, but the cores apparently don't like the 480's right now
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Nope, no client for the 470 or 480. Not sure when it will be released either.

http://folding.typepad.com/news/2010/04 ... dware.html

http://folding.typepad.com/news/2010/04 ... later.html
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

What would get more points in general: an HD 5870 or a core i7 980x?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

geokilla wrote:Why you hating on Canada? We're all still folding for one cause you know :)
One reason:

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Apoptosis wrote:
geokilla wrote:Why you hating on Canada? We're all still folding for one cause you know :)
One reason:

Oh back when south park was good
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

bubba wrote:Nope, no client for the 470 or 480. Not sure when it will be released either.

http://folding.typepad.com/news/2010/04 ... dware.html

http://folding.typepad.com/news/2010/04 ... later.html
My main complaint right out in the open :) Stanford is WAY too slow at development and enhancements.

Mike

I bitch, therefore I am :p
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I am folding with only my big adv points right now. I turned off my GPU folding because it's getting pretty warm here in CA. When it cools down I will start up again.
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Manduh »

I think F@H should save partially completed work more frequently. I have lost so many wus and had to restart over and over, it's either that or I have to change my power settings on my laptop, but I'd rather not do that.
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Manduh wrote:I think F@H should save partially completed work more frequently. I have lost so many wus and had to restart over and over, it's either that or I have to change my power settings on my laptop, but I'd rather not do that.
You can change the checkpoint setting, but the lowest I would go would be 10 minutes
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

dicecca112 wrote:
Manduh wrote:I think F@H should save partially completed work more frequently. I have lost so many wus and had to restart over and over, it's either that or I have to change my power settings on my laptop, but I'd rather not do that.
You can change the checkpoint setting, but the lowest I would go would be 10 minutes
I always used the lowest (3mins), but then the VM was always running on a dedicated HDD
Manduh
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Manduh »

dicecca112 wrote:

Oh, I had no idea I could change it, thanks for the info, I will try that now :D
PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K / Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation / Gigabyte Z68 / 16GB DDR3 1333 / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / 600 Watt PSU / SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) / Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache / Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache / Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache / OS: Windows 7 Professional x64
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

vbironchef wrote:KnightRid, DaIceMan, camaroguy1998, All of you are going down. It's just a matter of time. It's the weekend, and this is just in good fun. I hope we as a team can get at least 5K to 6K Avg PPD. Fold on everyone! :)
Sorry guys, I had to scale back on other machines because of equipment issues, but I was under the impression that the machine I built with LR won parts was still up and running. I'll check into it tonight and getting it running (sans further hardware issues) as soon as possible.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I wish Legit Reviews could do as well as this team. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... s=&t=38156 I don't know what they are using, but they have about the same active members and are kicking butt. Just look at their stats. whoever khach.giang.ho is, I just want to say, Super Folding! :supz: These are his stats 193,045 ppd 7,622,217 total points. He is the top producer on the team.