AZ

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

AZ

Post by Sowser »

Any thoughts on the Arizona immigration law that was recently passed?
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AZ

Post by Apoptosis »

Looks like the start of a much needed federal reform... I think they passed it as an eye opener for DC. I don't think it will hold up though.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

I think it will. The media is reporting on an earlier version of the bill. The bill that passed was taken almost verbatim from the Federal immigration law which has successfully withstood court challenges with the only difference being that it can be enforced by local law enforcement. What kills me is all of the Congress people (from both parties) saying it's a racist law when it's basically the Federal law, so either they are ignorant of one of the basic laws of the country (which Congress creates) or worse, they are pandering for the Hispanic vote at the cost of our lives and resources.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

If you drive down Market Street here in Houston I bet you could get 50+ people the hell out of here. That's not counting all the Home Depot and Lowe's stores either. I live on one pole (Mexican immigration) and I'm curious if there is something like this up north. If you don't belong here boot them. They are a burden on our healthcare, education and assistance programs. I know the argument that they make and spend more than they take but I'm not buying that load.
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

There's a lot BS here in AZ I can't be a** to fallow it, I don't know how any one can. :beatdeadhorse:
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I've lost interest in politics a long time ago. When I was in college and commuting 2 hours daily to school I'd listen to right wing radio. I finally realized that all those guys have their own agenda and put their own spin on everything. I've only heard bits and pieces of what AZ has done so tell me if they are correct.
1) If they pull over someone who is illegal they deport them?
2) If they arrest someone who is illegal they deport them?
That's what I've basically heard. If this is true what's the big flippin' deal?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Near as I can tell some have stated that it will lead to racial profiling and legal immigrants being harassed.

What is jacked up is the law is almost verbatim of the federal law, just now local law can deport someone not just boarder patrol or FBI, but since a state decided to locally enforce it now its an issue.

I asked a Russian lady I work with what she thought about it, she didn't think it was bad. She told me that she did the immigration legally, it cost a lot but she did it. She also showed me her green card (not green by the way) and told me that she keeps it with her all the time like her drivers license.

Been seeing news reports how some immigrant parents are worried to go to school and pick up their kids because the parent is illegal and the kid was born here. They dont want to get deported and the kids end up back across the border or in the system here.

Either way this has forced everyone to look at immigration.

What I think is retarded is the people protesting companies based in the state of Arizona, even worse the ones who boycotted Arizona Tea (based and made in New York) just because it had the name Arizona.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

Major_A wrote:I've lost interest in politics a long time ago. When I was in college and commuting 2 hours daily to school I'd listen to right wing radio. I finally realized that all those guys have their own agenda and put their own spin on everything. I've only heard bits and pieces of what AZ has done so tell me if they are correct.
1) If they pull over someone who is illegal they deport them?
2) If they arrest someone who is illegal they deport them?
That's what I've basically heard. If this is true what's the big flippin' deal?
1) yes and no
2)yes and no
If they brake US law they go to a US jail and we pay for them to stay there, and from what I heard (and I wouldn't be surprised if it's true) some would get legal status while in jail. There is a lot of crap going on that is being kept from the public and we can't do any thing about it.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"