ATI Catalyst 5.9 Drivers Released: Download Today

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ATI Catalyst 5.9 Drivers Released: Download Today

Post by Apoptosis »

ATI has just released CATALYST 5.9 drivers on http://www.ati.com This release includes an update to the Windows XP drivers (32-bit and 64-bit), IGP driver, and WDM driver.

Highlights of the 32-bit Windows XP CATALYST 5.9 release include:

New Features

New Products supported in the CATALYST Mobility driver– CATALYST Mobility now includes support for the following configurations (please see release notes for the full list of laptop brands that support CATALYST Mobility):

· Mobility™ Radeon® X800 XT

· Mobility™ Radeon® X800

· Mobility™ Radeon® X700

· Mobility™ Radeon® X600

· Mobility™ Radeon® X300

· Mobility™ Radeon® 9700 series

· Mobility™ Radeon® 9600 series

Vector adaptive de-interlacing – Catalyst 5.9 introduces vector adaptive de-interlacing algorithm using 3D shaders. The algorithm detects edges in 5 different directions. This reduces artifacts, and improves the overall de-interlacing video quality.

Issues Resolved

The following section highlights just a few of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:

· Battlefield 2: The game no longer exits to the Windows desktop after the game logo is displayed

· Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: Running the Dantoonie level of the game no longer results in hesitation being noticed

· Endorphin: Running the application under Windows XP no longer results in hesitation being noticed during simulation or playback

· Terminator 3: The game no longer fails to respond and a VPU Recover message no longer occur after loading the game character

· Silent Hunter 3: Enabling all video options within the game and setting the particle density to 100, along with setting Anti-Aliasing to 6X and Anisotropic Filtering to 16x, no longer results in display corruption on the left portion of the display

· Max Payne 2: Erratic mouse pointer behavior is no longer noticed within the game's menu after a short time period of game play

· Intermittent launch failures of the Catalyst Control Center is now resolved
Tempesta
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Tempesta »

At last! I just installed it to my Alienware Area51m '766' chassis with the 9600 Mobility Pro and the installation went flawlessly. I rebooted and confirmed that the latest drivers are installed. Can't wait to test them out while gaming later tonight!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

That is great news for mobile users!
Tempesta
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Tempesta »

I played Wolf with it tonight and it seemed to keep a steady 76 FPS at 1280 x 1024 with high detail. I will try 1600 x 1200 and see if I can run that and keep a steady framerate. I will also reinstall the BF2 demo and see what I get now.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

huh... that's funny. I have the Mobility Catalyst 5.8's and my 9700 is supported by them... even though ATI says it isn't... :? :roll:
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
Tempesta
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Tempesta »

Man, I wish I knew that when ATi first released the Mobility drivers in the last Catalyst release. The 9600 wasn't listed so I didn't bother. Oh well, it's all good.

I tried it at 1600 x 1200 last night and whle I had to turn the eye candy down a bit it ran great. Thank you ATi!
shwA
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by shwA »

I have a mobility 9800pro in my laptop... :(
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

shwA wrote:I have a mobility 9800pro in my laptop... :(
I think you mean Mobility 9800... but same concept I guess. Give the drivers a shot. There is a high chance that they'll probably work.

http://www.ati.com/online/mobilecatalyst/

Once you click that link, they'll download. It has the CCC included.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|