2300$ build

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
lacrossetown
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

2300$ build

Post by lacrossetown »

hey guys, This is my final version you could say of my build i got some fan power splitter so that i can get some extra space, This is a 2000$ build including accessory's I price matched everything so which is around 300$ of money saved so really this is a 2300$ build...
this is 95% gaming...

:

head set: Tritton AX51 Pro 5.1

keyboard: Steelseries Merc Stealth

cd drive: Samsung SH-S243D

cpu cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212

x2 cpu cooler fans: Coolermaster R4

storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

cpu: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

PSU: Corsair Professional HX850W

fan splitter: Startech 12IN

monitor: SYNCMASTER 23

mouse: Razer DeathAdder

case: Coolermaster Storm Sniper Black Edition

GPU: ASUS Rog Matrix Radeon 5870 2GB

mobo: ASUS Crosshair IV

RAM: Patriot Extreme Performance Gamer Series 4GB

anything that you see that I would need extra, please tell me and that's about it.

I prefer asus for the mobo and gpu, amd for the cpu and corsair for the PSU...
"Everyone has a beginning,
Everyone has a first build
This is where computer extremists are born,
This is where any greater knowledge of electronics is born."

By: Nathan Pigeon
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: 2300$ build

Post by Sttm »

I would not spend $2300 and end up with no Solid State Boot Drive.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I agree with Sttm....I also want to say that those headphones aren't that great.. I had the same model and was a bit disappointed with the quality, and the speakers were blown(even the 3 pairs I exchanged for were blown). I was iffy on simulated surround sound and USB headphones but the Logitech G35's I have definitely changed my mind on that. Darn good headset honestly. I'd recommend them if you're spending that much on a pair. Not to mention they don't need their own power supply like the Trittons.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Raraniel
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Raraniel »

I'm dubious about the Matrix. The extra overclocking potential is promising, however that pricepoint is only a hundred dollars shy of getting into the 5970 range. The 2gb frame buffer won't make a huge difference in most games unless you're going for an eyefinity setup, in which case I feel you'd once again be better served going for the extra ram and the extra GPU.
tekgek
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tekgek »

Are you going to be doing any sort of CPU-intensive work? For a gaming computer, a brand-new hexacore sounds excessive. You might want to look into a quadcore. (I'm an Intel-Nvidia system fanboy, and proud of it :) , but I'll try to be objective). You might want to look into the Phenol II X4 line and sink more of that money into a 5970. Most games do not utilize the CPU very intensively, to the best of my knowledge.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Why only 4gb memory? That was so last year or two. :lol: When I do my builds, I like to have 2gb per core these days.
Jodox
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Jodox »

4gb is sufficient, he said its 95% gaming anyways. Besides, when the newer games come out and need more ram, he can always buy another pair and shove them in. Not everyone has the 1grand to blow on a processor like you lol, dam that comp in ur sig must have cost 3 grand, so jealous.

Anyways back on topic, I have no idea how that got up to 2300. For a gaming computer, you can build one that performs a lot better and will probably cost less than 2 grand if you change most of the parts
Biggest one is prob the processor, u said 95% gaming so the six core is actually going to be worse than just a higher clocked quad like the 965, which is 100 dollars less.
If you plan to spend 2grand on the computer than you should probably get a better cpu cooler, hyper 212 has great price to performance, but your spending so much anyways might as well get the best cooler Noctua NH-D14 which is like 30 or 40 more.
And that comes with 2 fans so you dont have to buy your 2 coolermaster R4 fans so ends up being almost the same price anyways.
Finally, I dont have much experience with the Matrix 5870, but unless you love ROG and want to support that or want to just have a ROG part in your computer, Im sure that 2 5770s in crossfire should perform better than it and cost less.
lacrossetown
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by lacrossetown »

here's the updated version and brought my budget down to 1900$

steel series merc stealth keyboard 80$
samsung black dvd writer 20$
cooler master 212+2 exra r4 fans: 39$
seagate baracuda 7200.12 500gb 40$
syncmaster 23" 230$
razer death adder 50$
cooler master storm black edition: 130$
asus crosshair 4: 230$
patriot extreme performance gamer series 4 gb cl9-9-9-24 : 105$
asus radeon hd 5870 (bigger fan) 450$
amd phenom 2 1090t black edition: 315
logitech g35 :112$
total: 1964$CAN

edit: I picked the 1090t because with turbo core i can run it like a 955 when im playing a game, and i can get those extra cores when i I will need it in the future for future games, im sure games are going to start using 6 cores in the next year or two and i plan to keep this comp for 3 :D

I think you confused American with canadian currency sorry for not stating it
"Everyone has a beginning,
Everyone has a first build
This is where computer extremists are born,
This is where any greater knowledge of electronics is born."

By: Nathan Pigeon
Jodox
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Jodox »

Forgot to include the price of the accesories, was wondering why it was so expensive. Usually only the price of the computer itself is included, so right now it would be about 1500 which is decent. And I see your getting your prices from the canadian newegg site. With the currencies right now, (canadian dollar being almost same as USD) it actually is sometimes cheaper to order stuff from US sites, plus the US newegg has more products and discounts/freebies more often.

I see your point with the processor, but since your getting a cooler I assume your planning to overclock, and an OC 965 runs much faster than a 1090 even with Turbo on, besides the Turbo is only 3 cores anyway. Either way, I dont see how the six core can beat the quad in anything that uses 4 cores or less. Only reason to get it would be like you said, futureproofing it. But when games that actually fully use six cores are commonplace, Im sure that there will be newer processors out for AMD, and the 100 you saved on the processor right now can go into upgrading into that better one. That‘s just me nitpicking tho, Unless your a person who can tell the difference between milliseconds, you wont notice any difference at all while gaming regardless of which processor you get.
Raraniel
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Raraniel »

If you're planning to overclock, the 1055t is identical to the 1090 for 100 USD less. The only difference is the lower (and locked) multiplier, but with some good OC skillz you should be able to get it over 4 ghz.
Jodox
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Jodox »

their built completely the same, but the end products still vary in how "perfect" they are. The ones that turned out better are the 1090T. With decent cooling 4Ghz on 1055T isn't hard, but 1090T will be 200-300Mhz higher still when both are adequately overclocked. Its basically 100 more for a chip that ended up being a little better despite being manufactured using exact same process. You can decide for yourself if it's worth it. But like the previous posts, I'd say the quad core is more practical for use within the next year or two, where six cores are a bit overkill on most apps and games.