Mortal Kombat: Rebirth???

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Mortal Kombat: Rebirth???

Post by werty316 »

An impressive short film entitled Mortal Kombat: Rebirth hit the web earlier today. It centers on Jax trying to convince a shadowy figure to enter the Mortal Kombat tournament and kill vicious psychopaths Baraka, Reptile, and other murderers that are participating. It’s a “real-world” approach so Reptile is actually the victim of a rare hereditary disease and Baraka is a doctor who went mad and inserted giant blades into his arms (but not in the stupid Deadpool way from X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Basically, no one has superpowers beyond freakish behavior and martial arts.

The short stars Michael Jai White (Black Dynamite) and features Jeri Ryan (Star Trek: Voyager) along with martial artists Lateef Crowder, Ian Anthony Dale, Matt Mullins, with fight choreography by Larnell Stovall (who worked on Undisputed III, which I hear is a pretty great film despite its title and going straight-to-video). Rebirth was directed by Kevin Tancharoen (last year’s remake of Fame) in an attempt to convince Warner Bros to make a Hard-R Mortal Kombat movie. We reported in January that Warner Bros. was moving forward to relaunch the series, but in February it was revealed that the project had run into legal troubles. I’ll admit that the short is a little silly in how seriously it takes itself, but you have to admire the craft and skill on display. If I worked at Warner Bros., I’d be sold.
Source: Collider.com

In short this video is badass!

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
KnightRid

Re: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth???

Post by KnightRid »

I just watched this a bit ago and was impressed.

All the Mortal Kombat movies have to have a bit of cheese to them. How can you really make a truthful movie about this ;)

I hope they get to go forward and hire this director and actors!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

That is well done. I think that would make a great movie if it's done right
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I expected too much from this. It's a kick ass trailer, but they disappointed me by messing with the storyline again. If you can't stick with the storyline at all..then don't make the movie. Reptile human?!..Baraka human?! Last I checked, they weren't. And the last I checked, Sonya Blade was hot. Jeri Ryan isn't as hot anymore..not without that suit from Star Trek.

One more thing..Where was Kano? Where was Liu Kang? where was Raiden? Hell, they were at least in the first MK movie trailers..told ya I expected alot lol
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

although some characters are missing i still think this was a kick ass trailer. lets hope all goes well for this movie!
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Don't know how many quarters I used on the original at the local bowling alley. The first movie stunk to high heaven.

I'm no jujitsu expert but when Baraka had JC on the couch he left himself open for a massive triangle choke. I guess watching years of UFC has me a bit jaded on "movie" fighting.