Should McChrystal have been fired?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
techking13
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Should McChrystal have been fired?

Post by techking13 »

I say yes, but I'm interested to hear your opinions. Thoughts?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Should McChrystal have been fired?

Post by Apoptosis »

I haven't even seen what he said... do you have a link to his comments or can you post them up?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

I don't have a link, but I know you should be able to find it.

But he wasn't fired... he submitted his resignation as soon as he was recalled to Washington DC. All Obama did was meet with him in private and the end result of the meeting is that Obama accepted his resignation. I'm sure Obama felt blind-sided and disrespected, but I am also sure that Obama and McCrystal thought about the damage made to the public image and the other aspects like McCrystal's track record of showing disrespect to other government officials in front of other press. All of these things would have had a role in the decision to accept his resignation versus trying to convince McCrystal to continue command.

Just my thoughts.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
smilingbounder
Legit User
Legit User

Post by smilingbounder »

What I heard is that McCrystal didn't say the things everyone is talking about, it was actually his aides who made the remarks. And even then, what they said wasn't anything worth making him resign over.

Can't say I blame him for resigning though, I wouldn't want to have to wade through all that bull**** either from this sh***y government we have.