Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Water Cooler Shows Up!

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Water Cooler Shows Up!

Post by Apoptosis »

It looks like Corsair has come up with a new water cooler and it's a larger and improved H50 and are calling it the H70. With a thicker radiator and a push/pull fan configuration should greatly improve performance. The Corsair Hydro H50 had a 25mm radiator, so Corsair has doubled the thickness of the radiator on the H70. Very cool!
corsair_h70.jpg
corsair_h70.jpg (34.64 KiB) Viewed 7598 times
Advanced technology for cooling the world’s fastest CPUs

If you’re serious about high-performance computing and overclocking, you already know that you’ve got to keep your PC’s processor cool. In order to do this you need a CPU cooler that not only outperforms your current heatsink, but also does it quietly.

The Hydro Series H70 has been designed to deliver exceptional levels of cooling performance, and to provide significant headroom for overclocking your processor, quietly and reliably.
The Hydro Series H70 is an evolution of the award-winning Hydro Series H50, with several significant upgrades that enable it to deliver even greater cooling performance. These upgrades include a thicker 120mm radiator unit (50mm) with a higher heat-exchanging capacity, and a more efficient, low-profile pump/cold-plate unit that can soak up more heat and provide even lower CPU temperatures. The Hydro Series H70 also features two speed-switchable 120mm cooling fans in a push-pull configuration to provide powerful cooling airflow at low noise levels.
The Hydro Series H70 is compatible with all current CPU socket designs, including Intel LGA775, LGA1156 and LGA1366, and AMD Socket AM2 and Socket AM3.

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H70 Specifications

Corsair Hydro Series H70
120mm Radiator (50mm thickness)
Dual 120mm fans in Push-Pull
AMD AM2/AM3, Intel 775, 1156, 1366
Low profile pump & copper cold plate
Sealed and pre-filled. No maintenance.

Radiator Dimensions - 120 x 50mm
Fan Dimensions - 120 x 25mm (per fan) Fan Speeds 1600 or 2000 RPM
Air Flow - 50.35 – 61.2 CFM (per fan) Static Pressure 1.8 – 2.3mm H2O (per fan)
Noise Level - 26 – 31.5 dBA (per fan)

Key Features

120 x 50mm Radiator
The Hydro Series H70 uses a high-quality 120mm radiator unit that is double the thickness of the radiator used in the Hydro Series H50. The increased thickness of the radiator unit, compared to the H50, equates to a larger internal volume and hence higher coolant capacity. The total surface area of cooling fins is also vastly increased. Both of these upgrades contribute to significantly higher cooling capacity compared to the H50 and other high-end HSFs.

High Performance Copper Cold Plate
The Hydro Series H70 utilizes an improved copper cold plate, which is directly integrated into the pump unit. The high-quality cold plate soaks ups heat from the CPU and dissipates it into the coolant via copper micro-channels. This provides significantly higher cooling capacity compared to the Hydro H50 and traditional heatpipe-based HSFs.

Low Profile Pump Unit
The Corsair Hydro Series H70 utilizes a low-profile pump / cold-plate unit. This compact, high-performance pump unit not only allows the H70 to be used in a wide range of systems / chassis, where the size of many premium HSFs would be prohibitive, but it also places no stress on the motherboard for better overall system reliability.

Push-Pull 120mm Fans
The Hydro Series H70 utilizes two high-quality 120mm cooling fans in a push-pull configuration. The fans are speed-switchable between 2000rpm for maximum cooling performance and overclocking flexibility, for enthusiasts who want to push their CPUs to the limit, and 1600rpm for those who want a balance between powerful cooling performance and low sound levels.
airflow.jpg
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Re: Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Water Cooler Shows Up!

Post by skier »

that pump/block is much lower profile, might have to pick one up eventually! have to see performance numbers on it first though
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

New RAD is double the thickness of the old rad. This should be interesting.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Corsair's internal performance numbers compared it to the H50 and it blew it away by 13C when overclocked at full load.
Performance
The following results are indicative of the level of performance that you should expect to see from the Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU cooler at full fan speeds. All data was gathered at an ambient temp of 25 Degrees C, or roughly 77 Degrees F, with a minimum log time of 120 minutes per test.
temps.jpg
temps.jpg (13.9 KiB) Viewed 7588 times
The H50 deltaT was 60C, while the H70 deltaT was a much lower 46.7C. This difference of 13.3C is largest at overclocked, fully loaded settings. At lower clock speeds and idle temps, the difference is less pronounced.

Test system: Intel Core i7-920 processor overclocked to 3.8GHz (20 x 190MHz, 1.34V vcore), Asus Rampage III Extreme Motherboard, inside an Obsidian 800D case with default fan configuration (save for the rear fan which was removed to accommodate for the H70 installation as detailed above).
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

I hope it replaces the H50 and has the same price; though even $20 more is acceptable since I would have spent that getting the extra fan for push/pull.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
sbinh
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by sbinh »

They use 2 fans (push & pull) with thicker RAD .... that might help abit .......
If we replace those 2 fans with higher CFM fans, the result could be much better.
Image Image
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I've just been told the official MSRP for this cooler is $109. My guess is that it will be sub $100 though retail as that is what it is going for on the retailers that have leaked out pricing.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Nick Burns
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Nick Burns »

I had to cancel my order for the H50 now that this unit is coming out.

Are these fans quiet? Should I replace them with the Noctua NF-P12?
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

$109 is a bit steep. Hopefully NewEgg will throw together a Corsair bundle to cut down the cost a bit, like say 6gb CS 7 ram kit, 120gb Force SSD, 600T case, Corsair 750TX, and the H70 for like $650ish..
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

hmmmm - wonder if this would be a good replacement for that POS Domino ALC that died.

I may have to search this one out. Hopefully they release them soon.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: