Socket 478 and PCIE

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
MoldyBread
Legit User
Legit User

Socket 478 and PCIE

Post by MoldyBread »

I bought a P4 3.0E socket 478 prossesor as of 6 months ago and I want to use PIC Express, now I have seen ONE board out there thats DOES support that, but im interested in Micro ATX, so I am extending my investigation to the Legit Reviews Forums, please help me!

MoldyBread
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

at the moment i dont know of any PCI-Express skt 478 board. im in class now so i will post more later and see what i can find.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
MoldyBread
Legit User
Legit User

Post by MoldyBread »

Thanks
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

i'm using one.... it's called the asus p4gd1. good luck buying one, though.... it doesn't sell in north america. i hope you've got a buddy that lives in europe or east/southeast asia
rockcola
Legit User
Legit User

Post by rockcola »

-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

nice find... kinda. unfortunately, it doesn't look like people are too thrilled with it...

if i were you, i'd get it... it's a good way to utilize what you've got until you've got enough money to upgrade your processor without sacrificing the sale of your graphics card
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I suggest keeping with AGP for now.... Unless you must run the latest and greatest

ATI are still supporting agp... their new gpu's will be agp aswell! (I think i read that over on the inquirer)

get an x800xl in agp --> then sell the whole system, when you need to upgrade! => you get more money selling a complete system and you still get a usefull system to work with now!

agp8 is as good as pcie -> unless you need to run sli..

just my 2 cent......