BitFenix Colossus Full Tower PC Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we look at the first offering from a new company named BitFenix. Today we will be looking at their flagship case called Colossus. So join us as we look at what BitFenix is offering up to the enthusiast community and if their case can live up to the big name of Colossus.

Being a pre-production first offering from a new company, I was impressed with the Colossus and BitFenix. The Colossus's design and build is nice, solid, and laid out well. I really like the SofTouch coating; it has a very different look and feel to it. Normally LED lighting is not my thing, but the Colossus has an interesting look to it, almost TRON like. The ability to shut the lighting off is a massive plus as sometimes you just don't want extra light in a room, and the Colossus will light up a small room.

Article Title: BitFenix Colossus Full Tower PC Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1402/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $169.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: BitFenix Colossus Full Tower PC Case Review

Post by Major_A »

I do know someone who would love this case, my 9 year old nephew. Anyone over the age of 15, probably not so much.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Major_A wrote:I do know someone who would love this case, my 9 year old nephew. Anyone over the age of 15, probably not so much.
Not sure about that, I have had more than one "older" (30+) guys think its cool, also had some look at it and go "ok, that's neat, can you turn it off" LOL
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

First case I ever cut into I put a green cathode in it. I think I turned it on twice before I got sick of it. Everyone has their own tastes.
skier

Post by skier »

Major_A wrote:First case I ever cut into I put a green cathode in it. I think I turned it on twice before I got sick of it. Everyone has their own tastes.
ha same here with a red cathode. then i snipped the LED's off all 3 red fans i had for that build

pretty slick looking case though
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

I have a set of blue one built into my rig, I don't know the last time they were on. I think it was I went to a LAN game and wanted to show off a bit :finga:
ColdPlay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ColdPlay »

Leds aside, its a great case if you need the room!Obviously, its not for lan parties. Id like to se a midi version of this quality!

Cold
In GRAW2 : stand still and "I will try to 'fix' you" ;-)
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Interesting case. I don't know if I like it though. Nice to see the 8th expansion slot. :)