The Walking Dead

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
FZ1

The Walking Dead

Post by FZ1 »

Anyone watch this last night on AMC? I thought it was a decent start. The special effects/makeup was pretty good for a TV show (it's a mini-series I think). The acting was decent and the plot is keeping me interested although I would have done some things differently.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Apoptosis »

missed it due to working on some video card review that needed to be up today... bleh
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

They'll probably show it a hundred times this week.

*EDIT*
OK only 5 more times..

The Walking Dead - Days Gone By: Oct 31 10PM, Oct 31 11:30PM, Nov 1 1AM, Nov 5 10PM, Nov 6 2AM, Nov 7 2AM
Joe
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I don't know why this irks me but it does. The two "main" characters, sheriff and the guy and his son are both British. They couldn't find American actors, preferably southern, to play a role set in Georgia? I think a lot of this stems back to the s****y over acting in Varsity Blues. "I don't want your life!", ugh!

On topic, I dig zombie stuff and this show has some good effects. The woman in the park with only an upper torso was pretty cool. I know it was only the first episode but I expected them to tell the audience what happened to cause the outbreak. Or at least give us an idea of how long he was in the hospital.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

They may end up answering those questions in future episodes. The part that bugged me the most is when he was "picked up" by the man and his son and he didn't even to bother to ask questions. I would have been spitting out questions rapid-fire.

Battlestar Galactica was primarily British and Canadian actors.
Joe
willardcw4
Legit User
Legit User

Post by willardcw4 »

FZ1 wrote:They'll probably show it a hundred times this week.

*EDIT*
OK only 5 more times..

The Walking Dead - Days Gone By: Oct 31 10PM, Oct 31 11:30PM, Nov 1 1AM, Nov 5 10PM, Nov 6 2AM, Nov 7 2AM
Thanks for the times... I was looking forward to the premiere but got sidetracked on sunday :( Going to have to catch the first episode this week! Production looked good from the previews, and who doesn't like zombies..?!
Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

FZ1 wrote:The part that bugged me the most is when he was "picked up" by the man and his son and he didn't even to bother to ask questions. I would have been spitting out questions rapid-fire.
I looked past that part for a couple reasons. One, he was still in pain and the knock to the head I'm sure didn't help. Two, he was likely in complete shock. People with extreme cases of shock can't get their bodies to react right. Speech and motor skills get all discombobulated.

Another thing that ticked me off, he sees a huge Army staging area and skips past it to pick up his trusty revolver. Hmm... revolver or M4... revolver or M4... seems like a no brainer to me.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Major_A wrote:Another thing that ticked me off, he sees a huge Army staging area and skips past it to pick up his trusty revolver. Hmm... revolver or M4... revolver or M4... seems like a no brainer to me.
Yeah, I thought that too. Grenade launcher would be nice :mrgreen:
Joe
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Major_A wrote:Another thing that ticked me off, he sees a huge Army staging area and skips past it to pick up his trusty revolver. Hmm... revolver or M4... revolver or M4... seems like a no brainer to me.
He could have picked up the usual flashlight or shovel, so maybe the revolver was at least a decent selection LOL

I did not watch this yet, maybe today while the rain beats down.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I finally got around to watching it on demand last night and it was pretty good... some low ball acting here and there, but not bad for a TV series. I wonder if they can keep me interested though.
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:I finally got around to watching it on demand last night and it was pretty good... some low ball acting here and there, but not bad for a TV series. I wonder if they can keep me interested though.
I watched it also and it really seemed to be stretched out with a lot of filler I really didnt care about, like the little girl being a zombie. Well, DUH, zombies do not seem to care your age before they eat you ;)

Why do they always split up? Everybody has to go out there alone LOL - Oh wait, I know, let's go to a big city because everyone will be fine there. If not, then there should not be many zombies in a city of millions! YEA, let's go!! Come on boys, grab your flashlights and take a peek in that there darkened alley for me, will ya. LOL I love a good horror and zombie flick but do they really have to make every living person out to be a moron?

Sorry for the spoiler but if you havent watched it yet, tough :p
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Here's the way I look at the first episode of any new show. It was probably produced on it's own to sell to a network. Once it gets the green light then other episodes start getting filmed. Most pilot episodes are more for studios to pickup than for viewers. So here's to hoping the acting gets better. I thought for a cable TV show that the effects were pretty good. 95% of the effects on say, ScyFy, are terrible.

Side note: I've been to Georgia several times and not everyone sounds like they do on The Walking Dead. Point being that they don't need to have over-the-top accents to make the show more believable/immersible. This is like saying everyone from New Jersey sounds like the idiots on Jersey Shore.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Major_A wrote:This is like saying everyone from New Jersey sounds like the idiots on Jersey Shore.
They don't?
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Post by skier »

Major_A wrote:This is like saying everyone from New Jersey sounds like the idiots on Jersey Shore.
but they do :lol:

(minus the fist pumping and all the other crap them crazy kids do)There is a girl in my grade (from middleschool) who has one parent from jersey- she grew up in maine, but has always talked like she's from jersey.

i'm sure you'd even hear an accent on me (or the lack of a texas one at least) and i'd sure as heck hear one on you from texas. accents are vastly different in different parts of the US and even then from the 'hick' parts of a state to the city parts(there are people that live 30min away from me and just being from that ultra-rural town (caaathage/(Carthage)) they have accents that are way different) so you're generalizing georgia accents from the parts you've been to, unless you've actually been to the willywacks farmland where the Hicks with strange accents are really from
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Maybe it's so over-the-top on this show because most of the main characters are British. I'm sure their speech coaches are doing their best. You want a good southern accent look at Robert Duvall, and he's from San Diego.