November Contest #1: AOpen 1558J Notebook Chassis

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

November Contest #1: AOpen 1558J Notebook Chassis

Post by Apoptosis »

I think we have really lost our minds, but we are giving away a brand new AOpen 1558 Notebook Chassis to one lucky forum member who wants to build their own notebook. I personally own one of these notebooks and use it when I travel as it has 4.5 hours of battery life when using the Centrino Hardware Control Utility and undervolting my Intel 770 Processor.

The Winner Will Get:

One AOpen 1558J Notebook Chassis
- Current Value: $500
- Product Link: My AOpen

One AOpen Combo Drive 24x8x8x24
- Current Value: $80

Total Prize Value: $580

Due to shipping costs this contest will be limited to our forum members in the United States. The winner will have to purchase a processor, memory, hard drive, and a wifi card to be able to use the notebook. The winner of the notebook is also required to post photos of the notebook once it is built or Legit Reviews will never do a contest like this again. The winner of this notebook will love it!

The requirements of this contest is that one must be an active member of the forums to enter (Free Registration) and have 15 posts during the month of October. Please not that 15 forum posts in one day and no other posts for the rest of the month does not make you an active member. The contest ends on October 31st, but due to Halloween the winner will be named on November 1st. Simply reply to this post if you'd like to be entered.

I hope this months contests of the Pentium M processor and AOpen notebook chassis show our members that we are striving to bring in new members and are trying to give back to our growing community. Most sites just sell their extra hardware and review samples, but why do that when we can give it to you guys/gals.

Cheers :drinkers:
Last edited by Apoptosis on Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EvilCloudStrife
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by EvilCloudStrife »

do we post here to be entered? if so, im in!! hot dang, i hope i win.
MOBO
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by MOBO »

im in.
jack222
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by jack222 »

im in.

you guys are awsome.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Wish I could enter but already working on building a system, so money is tight and tied up, lol, maybe next time should the contest go right :)
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

SHIPPING COST? can I register if I pay for the shipping cost in case of winning ?(also my whole family lives in new york it could be sent there too). if yes I want in on this. allways wanted to have a notebook (never had one yet). please?
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I'm in on this one.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

sbohdan wrote:SHIPPING COST? can I register if I pay for the shipping cost in case of winning ?(also my whole family lives in new york it could be sent there too). if yes I want in on this. allways wanted to have a notebook (never had one yet). please?
I've shipped stuff to new york to be picked up by people from Canada before.. the paperwork for hardware going international is no fun at times. You are in the contest so no worries.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

yah if by miracle I win I will get the money to build it, might take a bit but I will get it.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Can I play too???

/wishfull thinking... you guys get all the good stuff :P
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

definetly in
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Apoptosis wrote:I've shipped stuff to new york to be picked up by people from Canada before.. the paperwork for hardware going international is no fun at times. You are in the contest so no worries.
thanks a lot apop. even if I don't win it still feels much better not to be excluded :P
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

Apoptosis wrote:I've shipped stuff to new york to be picked up by people from Canada before.. the paperwork for hardware going international is no fun at times. You are in the contest so no worries.
So is Canadian residents paying for shipping to Canada in case of a win a no-go?
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Zelig wrote: So is Canadian residents paying for shipping to Canada in case of a win a no-go?
no, he said to be OK picking up stuff in new york where my family lives.
also it's not just the money issue but also complicated paperwork if I got it right.
zenzog
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zenzog »

Got an e-mail telling me about this too.

I guess it wouldn't hurt posting and stuff huh?
Count me in, please!
Tatuya
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Tatuya »

:axe:

Guess I should consider taking residence here and a gaming section w00r
Soliex
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Soliex »

Ill take part in this too, no reason not to.

-Thanks for doing these.
qquizz
Legit User
Legit User

Post by qquizz »

WOW thanks, I'm in :)
[AK]Zip
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by [AK]Zip »

Im in. Thanks!
  • Corsair 800D | Corsair HX850W | LG 20X DVD+/-RW | TRUE 120 | Intel I7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz (200X21, 1.275v) | Intel X25-M G2 120GB | 2 - WD Green 2TB | 6GB OCZ Platinum PC3 12800 | EVGA X58 SLI | X-Fi Platinum | EVGA GTX 480 (780/1970)
  • Dell U2311H 23in (IPS) | Saitek Eclipse II | Razer Boomslang 2007 CE | Razer Exactmat
Heatware 90-0
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

I'm in. I'm a "Legic Fanatic" so I think I'm "active"...