Who has Call of Duty: Black Ops??

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who has Call of Duty: Black Ops??

Post by Apoptosis »

Just started playing it and it's great so far!

Here are some screen shots that I grabbed.
BlackOps-1.jpg
BlackOps-1.jpg (83.17 KiB) Viewed 8856 times
BlackOps-2.jpg
BlackOps-2.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 8856 times
BlackOps-3.jpg
BlackOps-3.jpg (86.92 KiB) Viewed 8856 times
BlackOps-4.jpg
BlackOps-4.jpg (59.1 KiB) Viewed 8856 times
BlackOps-5.jpg
BlackOps-5.jpg (85.76 KiB) Viewed 8712 times
BlackOps-6.jpg
BlackOps-6.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 8712 times
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Who has Call of Duty: Black Ops??

Post by Sttm »

I dont like what the franchise did with the pc multiplayer, and the single player while always awesome only lasts like 6 hours, so I am reluctant to spend $60 on it. I added it to my gamefly queue though; so ill get to see the single player on my 360.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I bought it today at lunch...prolly won't get to play it today as my brother-in-law had a baby today so we are going to the hospital tonight
Joe
Guru
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Guru »

FZ1 wrote:I bought it today at lunch...prolly won't get to play it today as my brother-in-law had a baby today so we are going to the hospital tonight
Congrats!!

I bought it, haven't opened it yet. I'm going to wait until I see more reviews!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

I am very torn on buying it. I really enjoyed COD Modern Warfare, especially the Multiplayer. Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer was awful. I will probably end up buying it this weekend though, but we'll see. I may see if a buddy picks it up and check out multiplayer through his account and see how it is.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

i attempted to buy it... preordered at best buy. i headed to the store when i got off work to pick it up and the store was out of power!!! now i am just waiting for the power to get back on, grrr....
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

It has forced steam integration and a 16 player max MP right?
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

The CoD series got stale after World at War (in my opinion) but that headshot on the last image looks wicked..so I'll wait for a bit first. then think about it
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
skier

Post by skier »

InspectahACE wrote:The CoD series got stale after World at War (in my opinion)
so you're saying you actually like world at war? I havn't heard a single person say they liked it

at any rate, i'll be getting Black Ops as soon as I have the cash for it
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

I enjoyed the single player campaign quite a bit
rat6fink
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by rat6fink »

Just started the single player campaign, and it's pretty sweet! Played some multiplayer earlier, and like what they did with the maps...The maps are larger and much more detailed, which can cause quite a bit more camping, but that may be due to the unfamiliarity of the maps and game. They did work out some kinks that I had a gripe about, and they also added things that were really unnecessary (read: the stupid remote controlled explosive car). Graphics are impressive to say the least, and the controls that you were familiar with from MW2 are still relatively the same. I have yet to try the Zombie mode yet, but there's plenty of time for that.

EDIT: The Combat Training mode is SWEET!

BTW, I picked it up for the 360 (boo! console gaming.....), but I think everything should be similar on PC platforms...I could be wrong though...When the hype dies down, I'll add it to my PC collection and see.
Last edited by rat6fink on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

"Yes, very good. I'll take a bloody mary and a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich"

ASUS M4A785TD-V//AMD Phenom II 1090T BE//Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X//G.Skills Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 1600//Intel SSD boot//500GB & 1TB Seagate//
Antec DF85//Under Water like a scuba diver //Win 7 64-bit//
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

skier wrote:
so you're saying you actually like world at war? I havn't heard a single person say they liked it

Of course I like it since I got it for free with my 480's :lol: (though I've only played it once or twice since I got it)
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

skier wrote:

I played the crap outta World at War - Me and my buddies have many many hours in on the 4 player co-op and Zombies. I wish more games had that feature. 4 player co-op that is.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Nope - thinking of getting it for the PS3 but might wait for it to drop in price. I can't stand how short they are making the single player missions. I would rather have multi-player removed, co-op added and have a nice 40+ hour storyline to play through.

Multi-player = cheaters all over the place, it's crazy.

Co-op = so friggin cool to have teammates that wont freak out and just run into a hail of bullets because the AI wants to commit suicide lol

Re-playing Fallout 3 right now and it is amazing how much there is to do! Make a CoD game that has that much stuff in it an I will preorder it right now :)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
rat6fink
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by rat6fink »

KnightRid wrote:
Multi-player = cheaters all over the place, it's crazy.

Co-op = so friggin cool to have teammates that wont freak out and just run into a hail of bullets because the AI wants to commit suicide lol
Yeah Knight, it took my friends and I about 8 hours to notice the funny gameplay inherent with the cheaters...It's all good though: it's REALLY easy to report people...LOL
And I will miss the co-op, definitely!
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

"Yes, very good. I'll take a bloody mary and a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich"

ASUS M4A785TD-V//AMD Phenom II 1090T BE//Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X//G.Skills Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 1600//Intel SSD boot//500GB & 1TB Seagate//
Antec DF85//Under Water like a scuba diver //Win 7 64-bit//
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I finally got around to playing the new COD this weekend. Weak. Too many cut scenes and a tired story line. Half the time, I had no clue who I was even supposed to be the characters jumped around so much. The AI sucks. Sometimes you can stand right next to a bad guy and he won't even attempt to do anything. Half the time, the guys on your side run right past the enemy and neither bother to engage so you have to deal with them. I'm ok with having to kill the baddies myself, but don't advance past them!

The zombie part of the game is infinitely more fun.
Joe