Athlon 64 3800+ (S939) Review w/ Real Numbers

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Athlon 64 3800+ (S939) Review w/ Real Numbers

Post by Apoptosis »

The question that everyone is posed, it is of course what it is performances. To speak frankly, those are not a revolutionist and the profit brought by the controller Dual Channel is rather weak on the majority of the current applications. On average, and at frequency equalizes, one can consider that Dual Channel offers a profit of performances ranging between 0% and 5% according to applications'. AMD A included/understood well besides since P-Rating applied is very correctly proportioned and that Athlon 64 3500+ is very close in term to performances that Athlon 64 3400+, in spite of the controller Double channel. Not a revolution thus, but an awaited and beneficial evolution.
Looks like it's fast, but will it be fast enough to get people to buy it with the rumored price tag of $750-$900 that we have seen on the net recently.

Link with all the benchmarks...
bull
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bull »

Now when they get down to the $100 range, I may just get one. :lol:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

heh... I don't see them coming down to that price for years unless they come out with something lower than a 3500+ 939-pin model.
mrplow
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mrplow »

Not all that impressive, I was expecting something amazing.

Is 939 the logical upgrade path for us "normal" folk? I mean.. they're not gonna change again in a couple of months are they? I've been steering clear of amd64s cos they keep changing the sodding architecture.
illegitimate emus
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Yes this is the next logical platform for AMD folks. Skt 939 should be around at least 2 years, the problem is that your going to have to wait until 2005 for an affordiable cpu to fit that skt. Even then it will be a "value" skt 939 cpu. meaning that you will not get 64bit tech or dual chan memory.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I think that AMD will change their pricing in the not to distant future........they aren't making any friends with the way things are going now........They really aren't selling all that many A64 CPUs as it is........I know I'll never buy one at those prices. they just aren't worth it to me or my pocket........... :twisted: