Violenece at Atlanta IHOP - Police Brutality??

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Violenece at Atlanta IHOP - Police Brutality??

Post by Apoptosis »

An off-duty Atlanta police officer got into a scuffle with a woman and punched her in the face, and the early morning incident at an IHOP was captured on video, the Atlanta Police Department confirmed.

It was not clear what started the struggle around 4 a.m. Sunday, but the incident started as a conflict between the officer, working a second job at the Buckhead restaurant, and another woman with the one who was hit.

According to several videos posted on YouTube.com, the officer, whose name was not known, shouted at a woman sitting in the corner of a booth near the door and then he lunged at her. A woman wearing a black dress appeared to be trying to separate the officer and her friend when the officer slapped her. The woman in the black dress hit him back and he responded with a punch to her face.

A second officer came up just as the struggle began. He got involved when it became physical between the first cop and the woman in the black dress and appeared to be trying to separate the two. The first officer pulled the woman in a black dress away from the table, threw her onto the floor and laid on top of her while trying to get handcuffs on one wrist. The second wrist was cuffed when she turned over on her stomach.

Within moments, a female officer appeared to hold back the crowd while the woman in the black dress, shoeless, was led out of the restaurant.

“The Atlanta Police Department is aware of the incident that took place early Sunday morning involving one of its officers attempting to arrest a patron at an IHOP in Buckhead," APD said in a statement emailed to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution late Tuesday. "The matter has been referred to our Office of Professional Standards to determine whether department policies and procedures were followed. Further comment at this time would not be appropriate.”

Roberte Caban, a friend of the woman who scuffled with the officer, said the officer went overboard.

"I felt so bad for her, for anybody to go through that," Caban told Channel 2 Action News. "It was very obvious that the first officer had contained her.

"No one would tell us why we were arrested, no one would tell us anything," she added. "And we wind up spending over 24 hours in jail."
source
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Violenece at Atlanta IHOP - Police Brutality??

Post by bubba »

what is it will people getting into brawls in restaurants lately.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Have you ever been the the Atlanta airport? I think your blood pressure has a natural tendency to go up as soon as you enter the terminal.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Nope, never set foot on a plane, hell never been in an airport for that matter.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

I wonder if the pimp slap is in the officers handbook.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

bubba wrote:Nope, never set foot on a plane, hell never been in an airport for that matter.
Lucky you. I lived out of them for damn near a year. Family and friends said how "cool" it was that I was getting to see the country on my company's dime. What they didn't understand was I was working 12 hours a day and the only thing I got to see was the inside of trade show halls.
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by lordvic »

BULLSH!T! Sue that bastard!
Off duty officer, assuaults one of the women by slapping her and punching her in the face...grab another women by the shirt collar & hair trying to pull her out.
There are also of footages of the incident at different angles/views in the restaurant; you can clearly see the african-american women is not shouting, and the other women - seeing her friend being yanked out by force- tries to stop it, but get slapped. Then hell breaks loose.
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Still no clue to what started all this?

IMHO, if you hit a cop you should expect the same in return!
I'm not saying he was right or wrong!
Just too much disrespect for the law in the world today!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow