Help recovering lost data please

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Help recovering lost data please

Post by Merlin »

I have a thread under read error but I found something wierd....could a virus or hacker create a hidden partition on my PC and move files to it so I cannot see them?? My PC was off. I turned it on and got the error....disk read error. The entire documents and settings folder seems to be gone. I slaved the "bad drive" and I can access it fine no problem...no documents folder. I have every photo I have ever taken of my only son on here and yet no picture appear when I search for that file type. Is there a way that I can try to recover " lost files" off this drive. Anyone who has experiece recovering lost data please help. I had a back up file but it was deemed corrupt and unusable by Windows.
Last edited by Velo:Sity on Wed May 18, 2011 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed subject for clarity
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
KnightRid

Re: Help please

Post by KnightRid »

http://www.file-recovery.net/

Easiest program I ever used and it works great.

Main thing, do not keep using that drive for data until after you run a file recovery scan on it or you could overwrite some of your lost files.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: