I think I got a ticket from a camera at a intersection

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

I think I got a ticket from a camera at a intersection

Post by vbironchef »

I was making a left hand turn and the car in front of me came to a stop. I was right behind the car. I don't think I was in the intersection yet, so the light went from yellow to red in a split second. That's why I think I got a ticket. Question: How do I fight the ticket or do I suck it up and just pay the ticket? I think the ticket costs over 400 dollars. What should I do?
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: I think I got a ticket from a camera at a intersection

Post by Sparky »

Fight it. I think up Los Angeles they just removed all red light cameras....might want to research that angle and see what you can come up with.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Fight it. Don't hire a lawyer but don't cave either. I think most disputed red light tickets are thrown out (don't have any data to back up that claim).
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

In my town if you go to traffic court and just show up they reduce the ticket by 50% for just showing up...

It's no points and an easy option. Usually they mail you pictures in the mail of you running it. You might get lucky though as ours are broken weekly, so maybe it wasn't in service when you ran the red.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

After doing research on this issue I realize that if I get a ticket I will have to go to court and fight it. I really am not happy having to go to court for some camera that does not take into consideration all the events going on in a intersection. There is a gas station at the corner that I was making a left at and a car was pulling into the gas station and held up the flow of traffic in my lane. I was watching the car in front of me and not the light since I was already passed the cross walk. Since the traffic was not moving I was between a rock and a hard place. If I did not proceed I would have been in the intersection and blocked oncoming traffic. I think the yellow light was too short and I feel since it is a very large intersection that the yellow light should be longer. I hope the camera was broken or out of service. What really ticks me off is, I don't know if I got a ticket or not. I think these camera's at intersections cause more stress than they are worth.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Say exactly what you just typed there when you go before the judge.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

vbironchef wrote:I think these camera's at intersections cause more stress than they are worth.
I agree... I always slam on my brakes when it's yellow in my town as I don't want one... I have almost been re-ended a bunch of times. I also seen some people not as lucky as I. It's all about generating revenue and the stupid part is the city only rents them and gets just a portion of the fee as the other part goes to the company that owns them and maintains them.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by lordvic »

If you were past the crosswalk and in the intersection, you should be able to just move on along. You are in at the...here in Canada we call it "the point of no return."
Also, if you really did get a ticket, they should mail it to you along with a picture of your car.
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

vbironchef wrote:After doing research on this issue I realize that if I get a ticket I will have to go to court and fight it. I really am not happy having to go to court for some camera that does not take into consideration all the events going on in a intersection. There is a gas station at the corner that I was making a left at and a car was pulling into the gas station and held up the flow of traffic in my lane. I was watching the car in front of me and not the light since I was already passed the cross walk. Since the traffic was not moving I was between a rock and a hard place. If I did not proceed I would have been in the intersection and blocked oncoming traffic. I think the yellow light was too short and I feel since it is a very large intersection that the yellow light should be longer. I hope the camera was broken or out of service. What really ticks me off is, I don't know if I got a ticket or not. I think these camera's at intersections cause more stress than they are worth.
Keep in mind a Human is supposed to review every incident/ticket before it is issued, because of the reason(s) you stated! If what you say is true, I bet you do not receive a ticket. I do not know about your town but, here there are no points on your license, it is strictly a fine!
Money grabbin' SOB's :finga:
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Still no ticket. How long should I sweat this thing out?
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

Short of going to the courthouse window to see if you have a ticket to pay, there may not be much to do but wait.
On the bright side, perhaps your city is one of those reviewing the camera's legality and effectiveness and putting the tickets on hold
or canceling them.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Maybe the camera was broken. From what I've read they seem to be made of paper mâché and are broken all the time. It could be worse. Your mayor could have put the cameras to a vote. The public votes to have them removed and close to a year later and an impending lawsuit from the camera company they are still operational.

http://transportationnation.org/2011/08 ... continues/

I haven't read that they finally turned them off so I'll continue to be cautious. If anyone here has seen the movie "Starman" Every time I see the red light turn yellow and I'm close I think of that movie. There's a quote that goes something like this. "Red means stop, green means go, and yellow means speed up."
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Still no ticket so I ordered a apple I-pad 2 32gb wi-fi for my younger brother. I thought I would be out 400 dollars anyways so why not be a good brother.
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by lordvic »

Doesn't take over half a month to send you a traffic ticket...so you're safe! :)
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit