EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Post Reply
User avatar
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 33922
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Contact:

EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by Apoptosis » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:30 pm

EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Recommended System Requirements
OS: WINDOWS 7 64-BIT
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Minimum System Requirements
OS: WINDOWS VISTA (SERVICE PACK 2) 32-BIT
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ATHLON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

You can find this info here -- http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta -- in the Battlefield 3 Beta FAQ section (lower left hand side of page)
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!

User avatar
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Contact:

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by Skippman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Oh look! Nate wrote avystem building guide for me! Hope m lowly 4870's can keep up for now.

User avatar
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 33922
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Contact:

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by Apoptosis » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Skippman wrote:Oh look! Nate wrote avystem building guide for me! Hope m lowly 4870's can keep up for now.
EA said in an interview this week that one GeForce GTX 580 couldn't handle 'Ultra High' image quality at high resolutions, so your 4870 will show signs of age on this one.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!

User avatar
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Contact:

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by Skippman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Apoptosis wrote:
Skippman wrote:Oh look! Nate wrote avystem building guide for me! Hope m lowly 4870's can keep up for now.
EA said in an interview this week that one GeForce GTX 580 couldn't handle 'Ultra High' image quality at high resolutions, so your 4870 will show signs of age on this one.
I'm going to try out the Beta later this week and see how it works out. My twin 4870's not being able to keep up causes me some concern. I was hoping to keep more out of my existing rig when I upgrade but that's looking less and less possible. I guess I better start saving some cash.


Also, I REALLY need to stop posting from my iPad! lol

User avatar
KnightRid
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3944
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:21 am
Location: Dallastown, PA

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by KnightRid » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:24 am

Wonder how bad it would look on the 8800GT in this q6700 system lol

Heck even the GTX260 in the i7-920 is so outdated :(

I hate to admit how much I have swayed towards console gaming just due to the cost of keeping the video card updated in a computer. You can buy a PS3 (best console :p) and the game for cheaper than a high end graphics card. That is the only reason I do not game on the pc much anymore, except with older stuff like Starcraft, Red Alert, etc.
Cigar Blog I review for - http://www.stogiereview.com

Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:

User avatar
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Contact:

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by Skippman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:18 am

KnightRid wrote:I hate to admit how much I have swayed towards console gaming just due to the cost of keeping the video card updated in a computer. You can buy a PS3 (best console :p) and the game for cheaper than a high end graphics card. That is the only reason I do not game on the pc much anymore, except with older stuff like Starcraft, Red Alert, etc.
You know, I've felt this way for a bit too. My current rig has lasted me 2 years but cost close to 2G to build in the first place. I'm going to upgrade but this might be my final hurrah for it. People have been talking about the death of PC gaming for years but I think were finally getting there. Heck, even computer monitors are now using 1080P, a TV resolution. All PC gaming feels like it's gone MMO. I can't tell you the last time I went to a LAN party, or even heard of one.

User avatar
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Contact:

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by Skippman » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Oh dear god! MERCY! [-o<

I've never seen ANYTHING peg my machine as much as this! Both cores? 100% Capacity. 8GB of RAM? 100% capacity. :prayer:


Yeah, time to fire up the credit card. Who needs kidneys anyways.

User avatar
KnightRid
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3944
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:21 am
Location: Dallastown, PA

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by KnightRid » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:51 am

Skippman wrote:Oh dear god! MERCY! [-o<

I've never seen ANYTHING peg my machine as much as this! Both cores? 100% Capacity. 8GB of RAM? 100% capacity. :prayer:


Yeah, time to fire up the credit card. Who needs kidneys anyways.
lol - I would sell my kidney for the right price too

after getting a new house I would build a computer with at least 3 of the highest end video cards known to man. Maybe that would last at least a year.
Cigar Blog I review for - http://www.stogiereview.com

Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:

Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:31 pm
Location: San Jose CA

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by Sttm » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:03 pm

The beta is playing super smoothly at default setting on my 2600K and gtx560ti with the BF3 beta driver release. It also looks fantastic.

Sadly they have some moron in charge of picking maps for the beta and they went for a garbage rush map that is nothing but a campfest. A map where I havent seen any vehicles and is quite small.

It plays like Call of Duty yet its much harder to see people. So you end up with these spots where the best thing to do is literally hide in the bushes and shoot people in the back as they walk by, because they can't see you. It is just absolutely atrocious gameplay right now and is not Battlefield, its CoD.

I want Battlefield, huge open world conquest maps with tons of vehicles. That was what made 1942 so wickedly fun, and that they could release a battlefield beta without a conquest map, it makes me question their design goals for the game.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"

User avatar
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:02 am

Re: EA Recommended Battlefield 3 PC System Specs

Post by hark » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:45 pm

KnightRid wrote:Wonder how bad it would look on the 8800GT in this q6700 system lol

Heck even the GTX260 in the i7-920 is so outdated :(

I hate to admit how much I have swayed towards console gaming just due to the cost of keeping the video card updated in a computer. You can buy a PS3 (best console :p) and the game for cheaper than a high end graphics card. That is the only reason I do not game on the pc much anymore, except with older stuff like Starcraft, Red Alert, etc.
I know how you feel, but you're falling for a common misconception. Although consoles do handle Battlefield 3, they handle it at an equivalent to below lowest possible PC settings. So I'd much rather use an 8800GT with Q6600 than play on a console. That's in terms of performance. In terms of controls, I'd much rather use a keyboard and mouse. So I'd say the PC wins out in all factors. What I do not like is that Battlefield 3 is a $60. This price increase is simply unjustified for the PC, especially with the prevalence of digital distribution. I'll be waiting until the game drops in price before buying it.

Post Reply