ASUS Crosshair V Formula 'Bulldozer' Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The ASUS Crosshair V Formula uses the AMD 990FX/SB950 chipsets and is the first ROG motherboard with AM3+ CPU support. It is also the first AMD motherboard to support both 3-Way NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX as well as offering an advanced UEFI BIOS and DIGI+ VRM design. Legit Reviews benchmarked this board with both the AMD FX-8150 'Bulldozer' and the Phenom II X6 1100T 'Thuban' processors to see how both CPU's perform on this enthusiast board.

This particular article, we went a little bit of a different route. We compared the ASUS Crosshair V Formula with the latest AMD FX-8150 'Bulldozer' processor, to itself with an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T. We wanted to see if there was much of a difference in performance between the two core architectures on the AMD 990FX chipset. The article inadvertently felt more like a shoot out between the two processors, when the focus was meant to be on the ASUS Crosshair V Formula. The performance between the two systems was entirely too similar for my tastes. The AMD FX-8150 didn't run the circles around the Phenom II X6 1100T that I had hoped it would.
Article Title: ASUS Crosshair V Formula 'Bulldozer' Motherboard Review
Article URL: www.legitreviews.com/article/1748/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $229 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
jebo_4jc
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: ASUS Crosshair V Formula 'Bulldozer' Motherboard Review

Post by jebo_4jc »

I would have loved to see how far it could overclock that 1100T so we could compare it to other boards.

Looks good though.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

jebo_4jc wrote:I would have loved to see how far it could overclock that 1100T so we could compare it to other boards.

Looks good though.
Nate and I were just talking about that this morning. Going to put the 1100T in and see what it can do with that. I will be updating the article as soon as I complete that.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Yes please do, I would be interested in seeing what extra performance this board could pull out of an 1100T over what my ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 can.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

The article has been updated with the results from overclocking the Phenom II X6 1100T
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1748/13/
jebo_4jc
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by jebo_4jc »

XstollieX wrote:The article has been updated with the results from overclocking the Phenom II X6 1100T
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1748/13/
329MHz that's insane