GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 Intel Z68 Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

GIGABYTE has recently released the latest motherboard in the G1 Killer line. The GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 is the first in this line of boards to support the second generation of Intel Core processors. The GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 features the Intel Z68 chipset as well as PCI Express Gen 3! When we looked at the GIGABYTE G1 Assassin X58 motherboard we were thoroughly impressed, will the G1.SNIPER2 be hold true to that standard? Read on to find out!

The features packed into the GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 will eliminate the need for many of the dedicated cards that are installed into many of the systems out there. Of the features packed into the GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2, two of them stand out. The first of the stand out features is the network card. The GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 doesn't use the traditional Realtek NIC or Intel NIC that we have seen on most of the motherboards that have come across the Legit Reviews test bench in recent memory. Instead the G1.SNIPER2 uses a discrete level network interface card from Bigfoot Networks integrated directly onto the PCB. The Bigfoot Networks Killer E2100 NIC features a dedicated NPU (Network Processing Unit) with 1GB of dedicated DDR2 memory. The second of two features that stands out on the GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 is the audio. The SNIPER 2 takes advantage of a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Digiatl Audio Processor (20K2). The CA20K2 features X-Fi Extreme Fidelity and EAX AHD technologies. I played with the audio and it sounded great to me, though by no means am I an audiophile.
Article Title: GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 Intel Z68 Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1699/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $359.99 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
kzinti1
Legit User
Legit User

Re: GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 Intel Z68 Motherboard Review

Post by kzinti1 »

"piece of mind about the quality of the product is always a nice thing to have." Do you mean "peace of mind"? They aren't the same thing.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

thanks for pointing out the typo and it's been fixed.
Follow Me on Twitter!
spikey27
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by spikey27 »

In the Overclocking section, I believe you meant to say "silicon" rather than "silicone".

Nevertheless, a nice review of an excellent M/B.

BTW, When will the 22nm 1155 CPUs be available?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Ivy Bridge CPUs will likely be launched during CES 2012.
Follow Me on Twitter!