Legit Reviews armed with an AK47 meets 17 inch KDS Monitor

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Legit Reviews armed with an AK47 meets 17 inch KDS Monitor

Post by Apoptosis »

This afternoon my internet was down and since my office phone is VOIP and my cell phone doesn't work at home I took the afternoon off. Grabbed some weapons (AK's, SKS's, H&k's, Sig's, AR's) and got my neighbor to donate an old 17" monitor to the cause.

Shooting off 30 rounds from the hip as fast as i could:

My neighbor lighting it up military style (Ex-Army):

The Monitor After Four 30ish round clips:

The Front:

Not a bad way to burn off some steam after a long day of nothing going right.
Last edited by Apoptosis on Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Nice!

I absolutely HATE KDS monitors! I've seen 5 go bad in a matter of 2 years!! 2 were my brothers and 3 were my friends. All got replaced, but went to hell. You should see my friends latest, the screen is green! :shock:
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Awesome!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Dear God!! dont you know what kind of bad things you just let into the air, CRT's need to be disposed of by qualified technitions!

//wish i had been there :P
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

the lens was already cracked 8)
Antonik
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Antonik »

I shot a pistol on a range once..but thats far as my experience with guns goes. that ak must have a strong feedback or whatever its called. cause even apistol left my hands sore.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Its called recoil..... The AK is a cheap, massed produced wonder...... the thing should be an absolute piece of crap (the ones made is some countries are) but it is probably the most widely used assault rifle in the world.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

it's also one of the most accurate guns around. that's why it's still in use... it's cheap to build and it's accurate (in one/two round bursts). also, correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the rounds said to easily pierce kevlar?
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

its not very accurate. The Sviet doctrine was to beat us with overwhelming force and mass production.... to accomplish that they had to forego quality. There are probably 10-15 to 1 ratio of AKs to M16s or M4s.... which is why you see them all over the world.
Its a 7.62 round, so it depends on the kevlar and how thick it is. but standard ammo, no, it should not penetrate kevlar.
I remember back at FT Bragg, in the museum, they have a helmet a soldier was wearing, he was shot in the head from about 100M, and the round is still stuck in the helmet.... I'm sure he had one hellof a headache, but he survived.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

hm... i learned in firearms training and in that history channel show about guns that the ak-47 was a really deadly gun because 1, there are so many of them, and 2, they're accurate up to one or two round bursts. after that, their recoil gets the best of them.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I'll stick with my M1 grand, if I can see it, its toast.

what range do you go to? dont see anything familar in the images. I go to stl bench rest club in wright city with my dad, well worth the 150 or so a year to join. 600 yrd lanes, trap area, pistol ranges.. got into IDPA shoots thanks to my dad, putting 500-600 rounds though a 45acp in a days shoot, real good way to blow off steam.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

HAHA, that is awesome!!!
We have a BUNCH of rifles and pistols at my house and we live way back in the woods and my dad built a full sized (100m) firing range; it's pretty fun.
We prettymuch only have "hunting style" guns though, no cool army stuff like you have :P
capper5016 wrote:I remember back at FT Bragg, in the museum, they have a helmet a soldier was wearing, he was shot in the head from about 100M, and the round is still stuck in the helmet.... I'm sure he had one hellof a headache, but he survived.
^^^And that is just CrAzY!!!^^^
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

bubba wrote:I'll stick with my M1 grand, if I can see it, its toast.

what range do you go to? dont see anything familar in the images. I go to stl bench rest club in wright city with my dad, well worth the 150 or so a year to join. 600 yrd lanes, trap area, pistol ranges.. got into IDPA shoots thanks to my dad, putting 500-600 rounds though a 45acp in a days shoot, real good way to blow off steam.
Where is wright city is this club? Since I live there now, I need to know where these places are! :) On a side note, there is an indoor archery range just down the road from my house.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

there site -> http://www.shootingstl.com/home.htm

hella nice range.

Edit.

looks like that jumped the yearly to 200, still not bad if you compare to what it cost to go to bush wildlife and shoot for a hour couple times a year. and here you can setup a camper if you want.
[AK]Zip
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by [AK]Zip »

Crazy. Looks like you guys had fun. :)
  • Corsair 800D | Corsair HX850W | LG 20X DVD+/-RW | TRUE 120 | Intel I7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz (200X21, 1.275v) | Intel X25-M G2 120GB | 2 - WD Green 2TB | 6GB OCZ Platinum PC3 12800 | EVGA X58 SLI | X-Fi Platinum | EVGA GTX 480 (780/1970)
  • Dell U2311H 23in (IPS) | Saitek Eclipse II | Razer Boomslang 2007 CE | Razer Exactmat
Heatware 90-0
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

man, and I thought taking a baseball bat to one of those things was fun, lol. well, that serves as a reminder to not mess with nate too much, since he's a good shot, rofl (aw hell, who am I kidding? I'll mess with ya anyways :rolleyes: ).
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

haha... ask Justin about the one time I took him shooting...

I took a regular red potato and threw it out about 25-30 yards and loaded the SKS and from the hip on the FIRST shot nailed the potato. Couldn't believe it because I didn't think i'd hit it on the first shot.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Jesus H Christ, lol. I'm a sucky shot, but at least I can brace 50-cal muzzleloader on my shoulder and not stutter, lol. Looks like fun, and I've never fired an AK before.....crazy 8)
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

(yes i know my elbow is sticking way to far out.)

Thats was my friends LEO colt ar15. I liked this riffle so much i built this one

And this is my collection.

Sorry, no Monitor murder here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

My next "gun" project is putting together my own AR-15. Still thinking on what size bullet I want it to shoot, so I haven't gotten far. How much did it cost to put your AR together?