cold/flu going around

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
KnightRid

cold/flu going around

Post by KnightRid »

My lord people, if any of you have had this bug going around, how long has it been lingering for you? My mom has had this for a month, the wife 2 weeks and i just started it last week. It is like a super bug.

Might have to rethink getting a flu shot from now on.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cold/flu going around

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:My lord people, if any of you have had this bug going around, how long has it been lingering for you? My mom has had this for a month, the wife 2 weeks and i just started it last week. It is like a super bug.

Might have to rethink getting a flu shot from now on.
In my 30's and yet to have a flu shot yet... Had a hell of a cold last month... Got it on the 9 hour plane right home from NVIDIA GeForce LAN 6... Was dead for like 3 weeks.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I am in my 40's now and never had a shot but this thing is killer, ugh.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

A flu shot doesn't do anything if you are already sick. Everybody already knows that. Best thing you can do is pump yourself full of water, B-complex, vitamin C, Echinacea-Goldenseal supplement and get plenty of rest. Edit: Oh yea, wash your hands a lot. When was the last time you changed your air filter for your heating/air conditioning unit? Buy a good one that removes all the bad stuff.

Edit: Here are a few more tips that I found helpful. Replace your toothbrush, use Vicks VapoRub when you go to bed, on your chest and under your nose. Take Mucinex DM as a expectorant and cough suppressant. If you are sick for over a week, then go to the doctor!

Edit: I forgot my favorite remedy, get drunk on Ginger Brandy. I don't know what it does but it works for me. :)
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

vbironchef wrote:
Edit: I forgot my favorite remedy, get drunk on Ginger Brandy. I don't know what it does but it works for me. :)
I don't think it does anything for the cold, you just stop caring that your sick :lol:
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

You guys might try this stuff http://www.airbornehealth.com/products/ or these http://www.coldeeze.com/lp/Buy-Cold-EEZ ... tgodQzmeoQ
They both work well to minimize the time that you are sick.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

KnightRid, How are you doing? Have not heard from you on LR in some time and you stopped F@H. I hope all is well!
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

A few years ago I installed a UV light setup in the furnace to kill off some of those little baddies. Put in new bulbs a few months ago, so hopefully most of the crud flying around in our house gets zapped.

On that note, it doesn't help when you pick it up elsewhere. Little man has been sick with some sort of bug for a couple of weeks now and the wife has had a bad week herself. I've been fighting it off. Been going to gym a lot to sweat out whatever the hell is in my system...oh yeah...and plenty of whiskey :mrgreen: Not going to say they have influenza, but there's definitely some sort of crud here in the house.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

vbironchef wrote:KnightRid, How are you doing? Have not heard from you on LR in some time and you stopped F@H. I hope all is well!
I didnt stop f@h...??

Been busy as hell with the live broadcast I do twice a month on cigars and then my regular reviews along with doctor appointments from hell. Sucks being disabled, I advise against it :)

I will have to check my i7 machine. I stopped on my q6600 because the one fan died on the heatsink (it has 2) and the temps go way too high with folding.

Still fighting the cold too lol Sinus drainage and sore throat are almost the norm now a days.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I didnt stop f@h...??

I will have to check my i7 machine. I stopped on my q6600 because the one fan died on the heatsink (it has 2) and the temps go way too high with folding.
Have you checked your rigs yet? Still no points.

I had to go to the doctor yesterday and I need surgery for my thumb and maybe my elbow. Here is a link to what needs to be done to my thumb. Don't watch if you have a weak stomach. http://youtu.be/6jqOkBE-eHw I don't know how to post the video.