FedEx Monitor Toss

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

FedEx Monitor Toss

Post by Sparky »

FedEx driver tosses monitor over a fence in to customers yard on delivery. Tried to embed the video but I must be doing it wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbD ... AAAAAAAAAA

MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: FedEx Monitor Toss

Post by vbironchef »

That video will go viral and the FedEx driver will be fired for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the driver faces charges or be sued.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Fixed the YouTube link for ya.

Should see how it was handled before the driver got it. I worked for UPS many years ago, you would be shocked how much is thrown.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

Thanks Bubba. Can somebody tell me what I did wrong on trying t embed? I clicked on the embed option on youbtube, chose screen size, copied and pasted and it didn't work.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Its just the video number and the forum tag for youtube.

The YouTube link

Code: Select all

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA
What you use for the forum is the last part of the link after the = in this case PKUDTPbDhnA Take that, and then put in the YouTube tag.

Code: Select all

[youtube]PKUDTPbDhnA[/youtube]
At the top left of the post box there are quick buttons for YouTube and Vimeo
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

WTF??? :shock:
I wasnt happy with them before, this just confirms it!
FedEx just lost my business! :axe:
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

camaroguy1998 wrote:WTF??? :shock:
You expect that the other carriers take better care of the packages? Hell no. [-X My friend worked at DHL at the local airport years ago and they would have adhoc contests amongst the workers (unsanctioned of course) on various feats with throwing boxes for distance, accuracy, etc. They see if they could throw them in the shipping container stacked and inavariably one jackass would throw a box to topple the pile. Big fun. When I ship a package, I expect that it will be treated like a rubber ball.
Joe
brickman61
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by brickman61 »

camaroguy1998 wrote:WTF??? :shock:

I hope FedEx isn't delivering your new SSD! :)
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Just watched the same video on CNN! CNN said that FedEx employee tossing the package is under review. What's really sad is CNN had many more videos of other FedEx and UPS. The other videos were even worse.
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

Knowing it's a monitor I kinda winced when he tosses it. You have to figure all courriers have the same disregard, but FedEx ain't looking too good lately, especially for computer goods. :finga:
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Where's the follow-up story? Was it damaged? They pack those boxes to take some abuse, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was wrong with it.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

Major_A wrote:Where's the follow-up story? Was it damaged? They pack those boxes to take some abuse, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was wrong with it.
Here's what the person who posted it on youtube said:

"Here is a video of my monitor being "delivered". The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate. Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken."
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Well that really sucks. He should make a claim with FedEx and show the video. I'm sure they'd bend over backward to "make it right". Doesn't hurt with his video's view count either.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

From what I've read about it, FedEx has met with the customer, replaced his monitor and is in the process of dealing with the employee.
shamrok3
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by shamrok3 »

*beebebeeebeep* Incomming Communit from Starship Command!
An inquiry has been made into freight companies' handling of customers' possessions
*12 Months later*
Inquiries are continuing...
I doubt any more will happen than the singular employee being publicly denounced, fired and any other incidents which don't strike the public eye completely ignored.
Multiple Exclamation marks - The first sign of an unsound mind.

Rig: Intel 3930K, Noctua U12P-SE2 , ASUS P9X79, 16GB RAM, 60GB OCZ Vertex 3, 2x3TB Seagate (RAID 0), 1TB Samsung F3, EVGA GTX760, CM 650 Watt PSU
NZXT HU002 Case, LG Blu-Ray Writer/Combo
21.5" BenQ E2200HD @ 1920x1080, Razer Lachesis/Lycosa/Sennheiser HD558, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit