This is important, no joke!

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

This is important, no joke!

Post by vbironchef »

My wife (Natasha) just sent this to me from work. She does not do this very often if ever so take note. This is not spam or a joke.

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who has Access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled �Here you have it� If you open the file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful....'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC. And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your Name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software's are not capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY SNOPES.
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/hereyouhave.asp
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: This is important, no joke!

Post by DJ Tucker »

good post vbironchef. my mate has just had the same problem but then he deserves it as he always goes onto sites that have viruses and claims he never knew lol. however thx to me (as usual) i told him to back up his hard drive with everything new he puts on to it. failed anyway :( so if any of you get this e-mail and forget this post warning you about the consequences try backing up your hard drive now just in case it happens to you ;)
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
egloeckle
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by egloeckle »

Wait, people open files that are emailed to them from people they dont know?

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Why oh why do people open up files that they get from people not in their contact list? Thanks for passing the info along I'm going to email that to my 81 year old grandmother.
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

If you read the Snopes link it says in an update towords the bottom that, while the virus is real, the effects have been greatly exagerated. It might suck, but it won't destroy your computer, turn you into a zombie, or convert all of your money to Zeni coins.

P.S. I like the name Natasha! :supz:
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I had to completely block Yahoo and Hotmail at work. ALL kinds of nasty crap comes in from the side ads alone. Add in the "dumb user" factor ](*,) .

after redoing one particular users PC for the 5th time I took his internet access away completely. He doesn't even have the ability to send email outside the company. Told him it happens again I was going to give him a box of crayons and a pad of legal paper.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

bubba wrote:I had to completely block Yahoo and Hotmail at work. ALL kinds of nasty crap comes in from the side ads alone. Add in the "dumb user" factor ](*,) .

after redoing one particular users PC for the 5th time I took his internet access away completely. He doesn't even have the ability to send email outside the company. Told him it happens again I was going to give him a box of crayons and a pad of legal paper.

:lol:
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll: