Corsair Adds Cooling Fans to Product Line

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

– New Corsair Air Series Fans Target Critical PC Hot Spots, with Superior Airflow, Lower-noise, and Customizable Looks –
fan_AF120_across_R.jpg
fan_AF120_across_R.jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 6966 times
fan_AF120_across_B.jpg
fan_AF120_across_B.jpg (58.2 KiB) Viewed 6966 times
fan_AF120_across_W.jpg
fan_AF120_across_W.jpg (53.27 KiB) Viewed 6966 times
Fremont, California — May 3, 2012 — Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the new Air Series™ line of PC cooling fans. Unlike most other PC fans in the market, Corsair Air Series fans are offered in airflow and static pressure models, each specifically optimized for specific PC cooling roles.

Air Series fans are designed to deliver an extraordinary balance of airflow and low-noise to users who want to upgrade their PCs for quieter operation or higher performance. All feature an advanced hydraulic bearing system and rubber mounts for low-noise and reliability, and include red, white, and blue color rings to allow users to customize the look of their PC.

High Airflow Fans for Efficient Large-Volume Cooling

Air Series AF120 and AF140 airflow fans are designed to intake cool air into, and exhaust hot air out of, modern PCs. They are for ideal for mounting on the side, top, and rear of cases, to reduce component-killing heat. The airflow fans are designed with ultra-thin, custom-molded blades optimized to flow high volumes of air in unrestricted spaces with at least 3cm of clearance. They are available in a 140mm Quiet edition and in 120mm Quiet and Performance editions.

airflow.jpg
airflow.jpg (31.62 KiB) Viewed 6963 times

High Static Pressure Fans for Efficient Cooling on Radiators or Heatsinks

Air Series SP120 fans deliver focused air pressure in situations where air needs to be blown through a restricted space making them ideal for cooling radiators and heatsinks. They feature seven ultra-wide, custom-molded blades and a custom enclosure that delivers high static pressure, while maintaining a quiet noise profile. Available in a 120mm size, SP120 fans are available in Quiet and High Performance editions.
static.jpg
static.jpg (29.99 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
"Many PC fans on the market are general purpose designs that not always suited to the task which they’re assigned," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager of the Components Business Unit at Corsair. "We took our expertise in PC case and cooling and designed fans that have very specific uses. Each fan is the right tool for the right job.”

Pricing and Availability

Air Series fans are immediately available starting at a suggested retail price of $16.99 USD for AF120/SP120 fans and $18.99 USD for AF140 fans.

For more information on Air Series fans, please visit the cooling section of our web site and our Air Series fan blog post.
http://www.corsair.com/cooling
http://www.corsair.com/blog/introducing ... eries-fans

About Corsair
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory upgrades, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, system monitoring and control devices, CPU cooling products, and computer cases.

Copyright © 2012 Corsair Components, Inc. All rights reserved. Corsair, the sails logo, Dominator, and Vengeance are registered trademarks and Air Series and Hydro Series are trademarks of Corsair in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Corsair Adds Cooling Fans to Product Line

Post by stereo55 »

May just have to give a few of these a try , as long as the price is reasonable !
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Apoptosis wrote: Air Series fans are immediately available starting at a suggested retail price of $16.99 USD for AF120/SP120 fans and $18.99 USD for AF140 fans.
What do you think about those prices?

also check out these awesome pictures:
corsair-fans.jpg
Follow Me on Twitter!
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Nice. I was wondering about a good fan to replace the stock H80 fans. These should be it
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Apoptosis wrote:
Apoptosis wrote: Air Series fans are immediately available starting at a suggested retail price of $16.99 USD for AF120/SP120 fans and $18.99 USD for AF140 fans.

What do you think about those prices?

Oops missed that (posted price) earlier this morning (guess I did not have enogh coffee as of yet , lol ) :P

Not bad considering thats suggested retail . Abit lower on release would be sweet . :)
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I have a pair of these arriving tomorrow :) Suppose I can let ya know how they compare to the stock fans on my H80. Can't imagine them not being any good. They sold out quick. Good thing I pre-ordered.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Which version did you get?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

SP120 high performance version
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

They're quiet, but my H80 doesn't seem to change the fans speed, even when pushing the speed button on the pump. My only gripe is that i had to turn the airflow to exhaust to see the red ring like in the press image. Temps are fine though...so far
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Did you do before and after temps?

Curious what they look like.
Follow Me on Twitter!
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Temps are slightly higher with the new fans. But I'm not sure if that's because i have them as exhaust instead of intake. They look nice however I'm not thrilled with the fact that the fan cords are shorter than the stock H80 fans. I had the wiring running along with the water hoses.
Attachments
IMG_5581-#2.jpg
Velo:Sity

Post by Velo:Sity »

Looks slick! Are they louder than stock ones?
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Velo:Sity wrote:Looks slick! Are they louder than stock ones?
Actually they are more quiet than stock fans. I just haven't noticed any difference in fan speed when i change the performance level on the cooler.