I'm completely confused!

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

I'm completely confused!

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Not that THAT''s unusual but still....

Last night I was installing my new Cisco (Linksys) E2500 wireless router. Everything was hunky dory until the router software updated. Since then, my Logitech mk550 wireless wave keyboard and mouse will not work?!?!? I knew it wasn't the batteries but I replaced them anyway and I was right. It wasn't the batteries. I tried a different USB port--nada. I just received the mk550 about 4 or 5 months ago as a warranty replacement from Logitech.

I'm using a USB keyboard and mouse now, which works just fine. While I was in safe mode an info box popped up (and I'm trying to remember exactly what it said). Essentially it told me that a USB "composite" device was ready to use; my USB input device was ready to use; my Logitech keyboard was ready to use but the Logitech Unifying device failed to install. I'm guessing that the USB dongle/receiver for the keyboard mouse combo has taken a dump.

I'm really kind of mystified. I've seen many odd things with technology but this is the most bizarre coincidence I think I have ever seen.

The main thing, however, that I'm wondering about is this. While researching my mysterious input device problem, I noticed something in Device Manager that I've never noticed before: Jungo. One forum relates it to "Codewarrior," about which I know nothing. jungo.com talks about WinDriver (which is listed for Jungo under details in device manager) automatically generating .inf files for devices attached to a windows or linux system, about which also I know nothing.

Anyone have any ideas on either of these conundrums?

Thanks,
J
"A payphone was ringing and it just about blew my mind,
when I picked it up & said 'Hello' this foot came through the line"
~Bob Dylan
sasamkd
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: I'm completely confused!

Post by sasamkd »

Well it happend :) Wierd, but... try to fix the problem :)
Anyway, try them on another pc. If everything is ok (and i think it will be), just reinstall the os.
And since the software on your router is up to date now, you don't need to do that again :)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

uninstall the logitech software completely, restart, install it fresh.

I read Jungo was used for the ATI remote drivers. It is probably used for a lot more, maybe even your usb keyboard.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Well...as it turned out, the "unifying" receiver (to me, it's a USB dongle) took a giant dump. I tried installing it on my laptop and it never would see the receiver. Ironic, since this logitech mk550 wireless keyboard/mouse combo is a warranty replacement for the wireless wave combo that died on me earlier this year. I should be getting my new one in another week or so.

Thanks for the help, anyway. Still not sure about Jungo but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything by being there.

Jack
~Bob Dylan
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Sorry. I thought I mentioned that I tried the combo on my laptop and it failed there also. Logitech has since sent me a replacement.
J
~Bob Dylan