Patriot Memory and Razor give away

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
KnightRid

Re: Patriot Memory and Razor give away

Post by KnightRid »

Just for everyone's information, this is a facebook contest that you have to like in order to enter. http://www.facebook.com/PATRIOTmem?sk=a ... data=dlt-1

No idea why woobox.com was used but it will take you to facebook at the link I posted.

Figured I would give a bit more information so you can decide if it is worthwhile to click and enter or not (I didn't enter cause I won't "like" the page)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Patriot Memory and Razor give away

Post by Apoptosis »

It's because they get credit when others join using that URL. Basically the contest is promoting people to spam forums in order to gain them traffic.

Seeing how this user has posted several of these over the past couple months I'm just going to start deleting them. If someone wants to post the generic link that is okay, but self-promotion on a regular basis isn't going to happen.

Especially in the case of this individual when his last six posts over the past two years are just for contests. Not like he's really adding anything to the community... He's just trying to use it for personal gain.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!