Macro Photography

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Macro Photography

Post by DragonFury »

I purchased a extension tube for my camera so that i could possibly do Macro photography. If you don't know what an extension tube does for a camera, it moves the lens farther away from the camera's sensor forcing the lens to focus closer to the subject. the lens I am using currently is a standard 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 EF-S mount canon.

Here is a picture of the bottom side of an AMD Llano APU 3870K, Sorry for the noise it requires for me to get within 1/2" of the subject and it requires an ass load of light when I do this type of photography.

Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
FZ1

Re: Macro Photography

Post by FZ1 »

I use a 100mm macros lens when shooting close ups of SSD controllers, NAND, etc. Macro photography can be fun but typically you need a ring flash or off camera lighting which can be a pain depending on your subject.
Joe
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

FZ1 wrote:I use a 100mm macros lens when shooting close ups of SSD controllers, NAND, etc. Macro photography can be fun but typically you need a ring flash or off camera lighting which can be a pain depending on your subject.
I know this is digging up a thread, but I haven't been on this site in a while and it seems less active recently. I use lights. From flash lights to ceiling lights. A flash light and sheet of paper go a long way in the ghetto lighting world.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I would love to get a macro lens for my Canon t3i. I just picked up the 430ex II flash with stand so I can use that as an external light and have it remote flash.

Macro lenses are not cheap LOL
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: