Rosewill Tachyon 650W Power Supply Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Rosewill has been playing offence in the high-end segment of the technology market lately, releasing new products one after another. Today we are having a look at the Tachyon 650W, an 80Plus Platinum certified modular power supply with an affordable price tag. How well can it hold against the severe competition? Read on to find out.

The overall performance of the Tachyon 650W power supply is very good. We could even dare saying that it was much better than we initially expected, considering that Rosewill is an infant when it comes to high performance products aiming towards hardcore enthusiasts. Nevertheless, the Tachyon 650W unit displayed excellent electrical performance, maintaining a tight voltage regulation and offering very good ripple suppression. Furthermore, the efficiency of the Tachyon 650W does meet the 80Plus Platinum certification levels just like Rosewill advertises, even if only barely...

Article Title: Rosewill Tachyon 650W Power Supply Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/2130/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $110.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
CoachAub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Rosewill Tachyon 650W Power Supply Review

Post by CoachAub »

I have to say this: I like Rosewill, I have one of their power supplies in my son's computer. It runs great. However, the name of this PSU cracks me up, since I can only think of Will Ferrell in Land of the Lost with the Tachyon Amplifier. :D
Rig#1: Intel i5-3570K, MSI-B75MA-P45 mobo, G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 2x4gb, MSI-7870 2gd5t/oc gpu, Tt TR2-600w psu, Tt Commander Snow ed. Case, Cooler Master Hyper212+ HSF, OCZ Agility3 SSD 120GB, WE Caviar Black 750GB
Rig#2: AMD Phenom 2-970, MSI-890FXA-GD-65 mobo, 6GB Geil DDR3-1333, HIS Radeon HD6870 1GB gpu, Antec Quattro-850 psu, Rosewill Conqueror Case, Zalman CNPS-9500 hsf, 1TB Toshiba Sata3 HD
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rosewill Tachyon 650W Power Supply Review

Post by Apoptosis »

You know that is one movie I've not seen with Will Ferrell in it.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!