Corsair Obsidian 900D 'Godzilla' Full Tower PC Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

There were some quiet rumors at CES 2012 about the successor to the Obsidian 800D, nothing concrete though. just a few whispers. At CES 2013 I was able to see the new Obsidian 900D and even snap a few shots of it. Today Corsair is launching the Obsidian 900D and it looks to be even more impressive than I thought it would be! We're gonna take a closer look at the latest and greatest Obsidian 900D from Corsair, throw some parts into it and see how it looks! Join us for our journey and let us know what you think!

The Corsair Obsidian 900D is certainly a beast of a case. If you're looking to install insane amounts of water cooling, massive motherboards, graphics cards, and to simply have the room to expand your system as needed without the concern if it will fit or not, there will be few if any that will meet your needs like the Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower!
Article Title: Corsair Obsidian 900D 'Godzilla' Full Tower PC Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2171/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Corsair Obsidian 900D 'Godzilla' Full Tower PC Case Revi

Post by sgkean »

The case looks great! I really love the full tower cases for my main system, allowing plenty of room to work around in it. The only problem I have is that it only has 2 USB 3.0 front ports. If the USB 3.0 ports and USB 2.0 ports were switched, I would say this is probably one of the best "super tower" cases out there. Yes, I might be unique that I use so many USB 3.0 devices at one time that's the reason my motherboard has three internal USB 3.0 headers :)
Bhench
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by Bhench »

Nice review Dan! On that bottom panel it looks like there is a plate or something covering over the air holes and filter. If you drop a rad down there, do you think that restricted airflow ? I looks like it is removable but does it look silly without that solid plate?

Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

This is from the Corsair site, but doesn't have a shot with the air filter in. I doubt that the filter will look all black, probably a grey shade (and as soon as it gets dirty a lighter shade of grey). Please Dan could you snap a pic of what it looks like with door off and filter in? Thanks!

I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Kaos Kid wrote:This is from the Corsair site, but doesn't have a shot with the air filter in. I doubt that the filter will look all black, probably a grey shade (and as soon as it gets dirty a lighter shade of grey). Please Dan could you snap a pic of what it looks like with door off and filter in? Thanks!

I will be happy to grab a pic of that for ya, not sure if I can get it today, may be morning
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

No rush Bro! Thanks! Anyway, that was a pic that Corsair should have covered on their site ;)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by lordvic »

The sides on the bottom side panels are "buldged" out so there is spacing between the mesh, filter, and the panel itself. There are also a slit along the panel that allows airflow.

The solid panel can be completely removed by taking off a few screws so what it left is the mesh panel and the filter (what you see in the Corsair image that you linked do).
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Apologies for the delay in getting the requested images for ya, the wife suckered me into helping her cousin move today ](*,) .
900d-side-panel-1.jpg
900d-side-panel-1.jpg (55.95 KiB) Viewed 7378 times
The panel has been recessed so there is some room for airflow behind the removable cover. The cover removes by removing the 8 screws from the inside. Having the radiator showing through the cover isn't as noticeable as Corsair's image with the fans. The red rings really stand out.
900d-side-panel-2.jpg
900d-side-panel-2.jpg (50.61 KiB) Viewed 7378 times
This shot is identical to the above image with the exception of the fan filter being added. This does further reduce the visibility of the radiator, though you can still see the silver screws that I used pretty easily.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Thanks for the extras, I like the look better with the grill and filter than the solid panel, and for the most part its not bad looking even with the radiator in. :supz:
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Kaos Kid wrote:Thanks for the extras, I like the look better with the grill and filter than the solid panel, and for the most part its not bad looking even with the radiator in. :supz:
It would look even better if it was a 480mm radiator in there and black screws. Though I would have to find something to do with the screw holes that held the panel on. They just look out of place