Fractal Design Node 605 Silent HTPC Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we take a look at Fractal Design's latest silent home theater computer case, the Node 605. This is a large HTPC case and offers a ton of flexibility in terms of configuration options. It also fits a standard ATX power supply, but you have to use a slim optical drive. Dive in to see if this case is worthy of being a showcase item in your personal home theater setup!

Fractal Design really did a great job with the Node 605. The face of the case is a beautiful black aluminum design, which also has a way to keep the front I/O ports hidden in style. The whole HTPC concept may be questionable by some, but others (like myself) see the value and luxury behind it. The Node 605 really will look gorgeous beside your other HTPC components, and it certainly fits in with mine...
Article Title: Fractal Design Node 605 Silent HTPC Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2196/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Fractal Design Node 605 Silent HTPC Case Review

Post by pwcmed »

I wonder if this will fit in this case

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Ex ... rsair+h100
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

The motherboard tray can handle MicroATX, Mini ITX, DTX, and a standard sized ATX board. Should you choose to use a board larger than mATX, you will no longer be able to use a slim-line ODD slot.
Is this from experience or from the instructions? Do you still have the case?
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

pwcmed wrote:
The motherboard tray can handle MicroATX, Mini ITX, DTX, and a standard sized ATX board. Should you choose to use a board larger than mATX, you will no longer be able to use a slim-line ODD slot.
Is this from experience or from the instructions? Do you still have the case?
That's from Fractal's own words and I can't argue it. When I installed my mATX board, there was very little room to get an ODD in there, but you could. If you had anything bigger than mATX, you wouldn't be able to mount the drive, rendering the slot useless.

I do still have the case, which is going to be my official HTPC case when I get some replacement parts, but I would have to say a watercooler would not fit inside. You might get a slim enough of a radiator in, but nowhere to mount fans to allow the radiator to do its job.

I hope this helps!
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|