ASUS USB-AC53 Dual-band Wireless-AC1200 Adapter Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Wireless-AC is becoming more and more mainstream but what about those solid legacy devices? All they need is a way to connect to your 802.11ac router to enjoy faster 5G speeds. Enter ASUS’s USB-AC53 Dual-Band Wireless-AC1200 Adapter, a simple and affordable way of stepping up to Wireless AC. Read on to see if this little device can deliver.

After installing and using the ASUS USB-AC53 for everyday use around the house and office, we found the adapter to be a very capable replacement for our built in 3-antenna wireless-N network adapter. If you are currently running a 2-antenna (N300) wireless adapter, you will see significant (almost 200%) improvement in speeds. For a street price of $49.99 shipped, you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck...
Article Title: ASUS USB-AC53 Dual-band Wireless-AC1200 Adapter Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2226/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASUS USB-AC53 Dual-band Wireless-AC1200 Adapter Review

Post by Major_A »

Quick WiFi question. I was told that when you look at your data rate that you should actually divide by 2. So in your case 866.5/2, so you have 433.25Mbps for download and 433.25Mbps for upload. Is this true? Jeez, looking at my convoluted question, does that make sense?
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Major_A wrote:Quick WiFi question. I was told that when you look at your data rate that you should actually divide by 2. So in your case 866.5/2, so you have 433.25Mbps for download and 433.25Mbps for upload. Is this true? Jeez, looking at my convoluted question, does that make sense?
The speed tests that we use are not estimates so you don't have to do whatever that calculation you mentioned. There is actual data and the transfer of the data is timed and then calculated for the speeds that we presented...thus, our "real-world" measurements.

I think the "cut it in half" comes from many of the ratings that manufactures claim for their networking devices. Like the ASUS USB-AC53 is rated for 1200 Mbps (867/300) so the estimated speed would be ~433/150...I guess that "half" theory holds.... :-k

Anyway, this is why we do the kinds of tests you read about ... to take all the questions out.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

This is on sale until 8/11 only, with promo code EMCXMXL239 for only $39.99 shipped
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll: