OCZ Vector 150 240GB SSD Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

OCZ Vector 150 240GB SSD Review

Post by Apoptosis »

It was this time last year that we wrote about our affinity for the then brand new Vector series drive from OCZ which flaunted their homegrown Indilinx Barefoot 3 M00 controller. We had high praise not only for the performance but also for OCZ’s persistence with their Indilinx acquisition made a year or so prior, finally reaping the rewards with a finished product they could be proud of. The drive was a hit with the reviewer and consumer communities alike and the Vector effectively stole the OCZ performance crown from the once prominent Vertex line. To that end, they've unveiled the latest incarnation of the Vector drive named the Vector 150 which I'm sure they hope brings good fortune. Similar to the original Vector drive, it carries the same Barefoot 3 M00 controller but shrinks the MLC NAND die size down from 25nm to 19nm, following the industry trend. A reduction in NAND architecture generally yields less endurance but in comparison to the original Vector drive, the Vector 150 ups the anticipated endurance from a rating of a five year 20GB/day to 50GB/day which is quite an improvement. Read on to see how it performs...

Article Title: OCZ Vector 150 240GB SSD Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/ocz-vector- ... iew_127880
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: OCZ Vector 150 240GB SSD Review

Post by Major_A »

Just a heads up, there are new versions of CrystalDiskInfo and CrystalDiskMark available.
http://crystalmark.info/?lang=en

If I were in the market for a new drive I don't think I could by an OCZ drive. For one it's on the expensive side for an SSD. And two, from the grumblings around the old interwebs it sounds like OCZ is about to become an ABIT, DFI, Compaq, etc...

The drive I'm interested in you guys putting through the ringer are the Toshiba SSDs that have seem to come out of nowhere.
Toshiba Q Series
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Thanks, I had the benchmarks completed before the releases. For CDM, the test bench is not running Win 8.1 yet which, according to the log, the update is specifically for.

We haven't had a chance to do any of the Toshiba drives yet. What about them piques your interest?

Personally, I'm waiting for more consumer PCI-E drives to come out as SATA III is bottle-necked at this point. Given Intel's chipset release schedule, we aren't likely to see any new SATA interface standards anytime soon.
Joe
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

It seems like Toshiba said "here we are, compete or die". For the price and the performance I've seen on other sites it seems like a no-brainer.

Windows 8.1 = I'm sorry

I had to reformat one of my computers and installed the trial version of Windows 8 and after a week of it I reinstalled Windows 7.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Yeah, not a fan at all of Windows 8...I'm seriously consider going all in on OS X
Joe