Kingo - Automated Android Root Software

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Kingo - Automated Android Root Software

Post by Major_A »

I ran across this app while passing through Majorgeeks.com earlier and thought I'd pass it on. According to their website:
Kingo Android ROOT

What’s good in rooting with Kingo Android ROOT?

Faster performance
Preserve battery life
Access root-only apps
Remove carrier bloatware
Customizable appearance
Attain admin level permission
Here's a page of supported devices: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/devices.htm

If you try it let me know how it works. I'm interested in rooting my Note II but my model isn't supported (damn Sprint). I used a similar app when I rooted my EVO 4G eons ago and I miss having root permissions.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Kingo - Automated Android Root Software

Post by kenc51 »

Already have root, that was done the day I got my S3
sidneysonnino
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by sidneysonnino »

Nice,good information.I appreciate your information.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I havent bothered rooting my S3 yet just because it has plenty of storage and speed to handle even the installed bloatware.

Also I get free tethering with my Verizon plan, up to the data limits we have, so I dont even have to do that any more.

Not much incentive to root any more in my opinion.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I miss Lucky Patcher, and not for what you think. It has a built in adblocking system that modifies the Host file like you do with Windows or OS X. Tethering would be nice but I am not giving Sprint any more money since my phone is worthless at home.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Just saw S3 - I meant S4.

I just found out with our family everything plan that we get free tethering! Of course it uses our data plan but no extra charges which is nice.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Major_A wrote:I miss Lucky Patcher, and not for what you think. It has a built in adblocking system that modifies the Host file like you do with Windows or OS X. Tethering would be nice but I am not giving Sprint any more money since my phone is worthless at home.
I use Adfree for that
http://adfree.bigtincan.com

I also need root access on my phone as I don't just use it as a phone.
I often run a syslog server to capture router logs when troubleshooting.
You need rooot to run a firewall, which is actually needed if you don't want some apps using all your data.

Most importantly, it's running a linux kernel so having root access is a must!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

Major_A wrote:Tethering would be nice but I am not giving Sprint any more money since my phone is worthless at home.
You could TRY to get them to provide you a broadband extender, but you'd have to argue with them for a while. My phone is pretty worthless at home as well, Verizon wants me to buy the extender for $250, but I don't feel I should have to use my broadband to get service that I pay for...they even came out and checked the reception on my street (suposedly) and said it's poor coverage!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I already have called several times with my cellphone and they say I'm getting what they said I would. Problem is according to their map I have 4G LTE but at times I see my connection go to 2G! (never had 4G at my house, ever). I wasn't even aware that there's such a thing as 2G. To make a phone call I have to go stand damn near in the road. I feel like the Bundy's Fox viewing position.