Turtle Beach Z60 7.1 Audio Gaming Headset Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Turtle Beach Z60 7.1 Audio Gaming Headset Review

Post by Apoptosis »

For over 35 years Turtle Beach has been a leader in the gaming headset industry, widely recognized as one of the best producers of headsets for console and PC gaming. Their catalog includes a wide range of headsets designed to fit the needs of nearly every consumer from the low cost basic headset to the high end professional gamer headset. Today, we will be taking a look at one of their mid-range PC gaming headsets, the Ear Force Z60 which can be found online for $104.99 with free shipping and a 1 year warranty.

Article Title: Turtle Beach Z60 7.1 Audio Gaming Headset Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/turtle-beac ... set_155424
Pricing At Time of Print: $104.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Turtle Beach Z60 7.1 Audio Gaming Headset Review

Post by KnightRid »

I have been looking for a decent headset for the PC and PS3 (would love one to work on the tv also but that is asking a lot) but keep getting hung up on the corded vs cordless. My PS3 is a good 10'+ away from where I sit so it would have to be such a long cord that using it on the computer, which is right by my feet, would leave a ton of extra wire.

What is everyones thoughts?

Also cost for a headset is getting a bit crazy I think. Sure it is great to have the advanced audio but even with plain stereo they would still be useful as long as they are comfortable.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

I have the same issue, what I ended up doing is getting an extension cable for the tv/stereo that is coiled, then while it's like 4ft coiled, it uncoils/stretches to around 10ft. Mine gets tucked away beside the stereo when I'm not using headphones.

You'll want to make sure you can get the right ends directly on the extension cable depending on what you need. Mine is large headset plug to the 3.5mm plug and works great for my needs. I don't like using size converters if I don't have to :D

Now for the question about the "advanced" headset vs stereo, depends on your ears and tastes. When watching movies, I want the best surround I can get, so my stereo headphones are 5.1s and work great when I would use them out there. Now I have an understanding wife that doesn't care if I'm watching movies at 2AM with the surround sound on so don't need them LOL :supz:

And for the cost, I refuse to pay over $125 for a good pair of headphones, make sure you can at least try them on for fit/comfort or have a good return/exchange policy. A lot of headphone reviews are subjective because we're all different.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Thanx for the info. I agree about fit/comfort! Amazing how many headsets feel nice for a couple seconds in the store and then horrible after 5+ minutes.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Spamburger
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Spamburger »

I use a stereo RCA-to-3.5 analog adapter for outputting audio from my Wii U to my PC speaker set which has a tabletop module to which I connect my headphones. 3.5 mm analog extension cables along certain paths allow me to rotate my speakers and/or headphones from where I sit.