Patriot Fuel iON Magnetic Wireless Charging

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Patriot Fuel iON Magnetic Wireless Charging

Post by Apoptosis »

In the world of wireless charging of devices there are several competing technologies. The Qi (pronounced Chee) inductive power standard is probably the leading technology when it comes to wireless charging. Qi Wireless charging solutions use a pad and a receiver on the device for inductive charging. In the past I have found devices using Qi to be unable to keep a full battery charge while streaming music through Bluetooth. It can also be difficult at times to find the exact spot to place a device where the charger needs to be and a slight bump and move it out of alignment. Patriot is using another method of wireless charging, they went with Magnetic Charging on their Fuel iON soultions. To help explain this technology and see it in action, Patriot provided us a Fuel iON system for the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.

Article Title: Patriot Fuel iON Magnetic Wireless Charger Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/patriot-fue ... iew_155780
Pricing At Time of Print: $79.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Re: Patriot Fuel iON Magnetic Wireless Charging

Post by FZ1 »

Wireless charging is cool (thanks Mr Tesla) but having to put a bulky case on the phone to make it work is not. The ones for the iPhones at least.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Totally agree. Steve how thick is that case? The dimensions show the overall width of the entire case and not the added thickness to say just the sides/back.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

The over all thickness of the case for the S5 is actually less than the Otterbox that was on the S5. Of course for the iPhone users, they have a longer case than they would normally have. I'll have to look to see if I have something to measure the thickness of the case.