HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Back in 2014, the HyperX Cloud gaming headset launched to rave reviews including our own and quickly became a big hit amongst gamers around the world across all platforms. This level of success was unprecedented for a high-end gaming headset, yet its good sound quality, outstanding construction, and comfortable design, easily made it the best value competitive gaming headset despite the price. Building on the tremendous success of the Cloud is an all new premium competition gaming headset from HyperX called the Cloud Revolver.

Article Title: HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/hyperx-clou ... iew_182322
Pricing At Time of Print: $110.71 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset Review

Post by Skippman »

Having just purchased this headphone a week ago I can't help but dispute some of the points Mr. Yee makes in his review. I wish he would have listed what he was using to drive these headphones. Compared to the Turtle Beach and Razer gaming headsets, this is a vastly superior set.

Using my Creative Labs Z's dedicated headphone jack I found these to be quite punchy when listening to music and audio, particular anything EMD/Trance/Techno. Below about 120hz these performed very well and I'm wondering if Mr. Yee didn't perhaps have his sound card mis-configured or a crossover point set wrong. He also makes no mention of testing with a secondary audio source such as a receiver or an iPod.

These are probably some of the best mid grade headphones I've heard in a long time, and I also found them to be extremely comfortable. Without getting into the upper tier headphone companies like Audio Technica and Beyerdynamics.
Spamburger
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Spamburger »

Hi

The PC audio sources are the ASUS Xonar U7 and Creative SB ZxR. Alternative audio sources were the Wii U and 4th gen iPod.

While even I got used to the Cloud Revolver's weak bass response - I do like how precise the bass is for a low-end audiophile headphone i.e. not sloppy - it is still weak. I did have a quick word with the HyperX product development team that launched this headset and even they remarked that this headset has weak bass.

I'm a bit surprised you brought up Razer and Turtle Beach for comparison because they're far too inferior to be fairly compared against the Cloud Revolver. I even took apart the Kraken Chroma in its review to show readers the cheapness in its materials.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Thank you for posting what all you tested the headphones with! I really do need to give the Xonar cards another chance on my next build as I know many people over at Head Fi really seem to like them.

Maybe my basis of comparison is off as I'm coming more from an enthusiast headphone view than from a "gaming headset" view. Compared to something like the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 I found their base response to be more than adequate.

These clearly destroy both of the major players in the gaming headset market and I'm glad to see that Kingston's putting the time and energy into developing a quality product. I brought them up only as a basis of comparison at the price point with the Razer Blackshark coming in very close to the Revolvers price point. The Turtle Beaches were a bit of a stretch I admit. You could tell from the moment you opened the packaging that Kingston had paid attention to the details as their packaging was on par with anything I'd see from Apple while the Krakens I had also bought at the time came in little more than what I'd expect an action figure to be packaged in.
Pernihiststo
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Pernihiststo »

Hi there, I have the HyperX Cloud headset for more than a year. I was playing a game when my headset audio kept getting muffled for a couple seconds. It muffled the sound on and off for a couple minutes, then it stayed muffled. This was last month, it is still muffled. The audio works from my computer with the other earphones I have the speaker in my headset just died. Therefore, I have purchased new cheap HD earphones from the online websites just for continuing my game,the earphones is of good sound quality. Just asking if there is anything I could do to try and fix them before just trashing them, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!