Uniwill 259EN3 Notebook Chassis Retailers

A place to talk about all things mobile
OgreMustCrush
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Uniwill 259EN3 Notebook Chassis Retailers

Post by OgreMustCrush »

http://www.uniwill.com/products/hybrid/ ... p?HL=1&H=1

Seems like a pretty nice barebones. What I really dig is the fact that it has MXM, and the switchable graphics card. Never though that I'd be excited to be able to switch to a GMA900, but certain operating systems seem to have the best compatablity with that particular card.

So far the only place I've found this barebones is rjtech (http://www.rjtech.com/r259en.htm), for a not quite that affordable price, especially if you opt for the dvd burner. You can buy entire laptops with decent video chipsets for just the cost of that barebones. When it comes down to prices, it is immimently more affordable to get it from iBuyPower or Cyberpower than building it yourself from that source. I would rather build it from the barebones, so if anyone knows any other sources, please post them.

I plan on getting either this barebones, or a laptop built with this barebones eventually, so when I do, I'll be sure to post. If anyone else has any experience with this barebones, feel free to post.
meh
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

that's a pretty nice product, cuz I'm especially fond of Widescreen (yeah I know that it doesn't bode well on some games, but personally I think WXGA is one sexy beast, lol). now only if they had that chassis with the 7800 Go, I would be sold, lol.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Now that is a really neat concept. Notebook PCI-Express Graphics cut battery life down about an hour over integrated graphics even if one is not gaming or doing 3D intensive applications.

Stores that carry built to order Uniwill 259EN3 Hybrid Laptops:

mgepconline - link

avadirect - Link

Stores that carry the barebone Uniwill 259EN3 Hybrid Laptop:

rjtech - Link
Price: $869

rawpowerpc - Link
Price: $899
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

those barebones are sexy beasts, roflol, what can I say? but of course I'm still fond of Asus, "go with what you know", right?
OgreMustCrush
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OgreMustCrush »

Thanks for the links, the more we have, the better comparisons we can perform. I suppose I should put the links to the custom built one from abs, cyberpower, and ibuypower.

Cyberpower: http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/highend ... x56700.asp
Starts at $1220 without Windows, but includes dvd-burner
Pretty nice configuration at $1389 with Pentium-M 740, 1GB RAM, DVD Burner, 80GB SATA HD, XP Home
NOTE: Cyberpower has two models of this laptop, taking the higher end model and downgrading its parts to what you want is cheaper than starting with the lower end model. The higher end model is what I linked to.

iBuyPower:
http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/conf ... px?mid=156
Starts at $1275 without dvd burner
Comparable configuration to above at $1526

ABS:
http://www.abspc.com/app/config.asp?mono=1902&layout=GZ
Comes with free 512MB ipod shuffle *sarcastic* wow *sarcastic*
Starts at $1499 without dvd burner
Comparable configuration to above at $1729

There was some other smaller vendors I saw with it as well, but none were very compelling, and typically had about the same price points as ABS. Thus, I don't even remember what their names were anymore.
meh
OgreMustCrush
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OgreMustCrush »

According to the user manual, there should be a similar model with a 1680x1050 screen resolution somewhere. If anyone can find this version, please post.
meh
TK421
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by TK421 »

I think this is the chassis that I'm going to go with. I like the idea of having dual video cards for work/gaming to preserve battery life.

As far as prices go, you really cannot and will not find a chassis for this low of a price (Thanks Ogre for the links). I'm constucting the following Whitebook within the month:

Uniwill 259EN3 - $869.00 (RJTech.com)
  • 15.4"WSXGA 1280x800 native resolution
    256mb GeForce 6600 Go PCI express x16
    8x24 DVD/CDRW Combo
    10/100/1000 LAN
    Intel 802.11 A/B/G wireless card
    Carrying Case *W00t*
Intel Pentium M 735 1.7Ghz 533Mhz Bus - $186.00 incl ship (ebay.com)
Western Digital 60GB 8mb cache 5400rpm HDD - $84.00 incl ship (actbuy.com)
Mushkin 1GB PC4200 DDR2 533Mhz RAM - $80.00 incl ship (newegg.com)

All for the LOW LOW price of $1219.00 after some price comparisons online at sites such as newegg.com, ebay.com, actbuy.com, and rjtech.com!

Let me know if you need any more details. I'll be putting together my research and construction details to post it on the forums once I've assembled it. PM me if you need any links or more info. I feel I've covered all my bases and this is THE laptop for me (minor work use and major gaming)
Stormtrooper TK421
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

i already ordered a barebones uniwill 259ii.... should be waiting for me whenever i go home for winter break. i'm building a notebook for my brother's xmas present.