Comutex Day 0

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Comutex Day 0

Post by Apoptosis »

Well the day before the show has come and gone, but not before we walked around and played with some systems!

The first thing to note is the World's largest building across the street!

Had some free time to go shopping in Taiwan today so we went to a local PC store and saw some interesting game/VCD bundles. The first beind a 9600SE with CS.

While these seem to be VCD's that you uh.. just watch?

We happened to check out the BIOS on an LGA775 board and under the CPU settings it had "full thurst". Maybe my mind is in the gutter from the above pick, but I thought that it was funny so here is a pic of the BIOS.

The MSI booth had these cute lil fellows dancing around. They use bluetooth technology to be user controled and are called "robosapian".

The last shot I have for today is one of Corsair's new DDR2 memory module. They are coming out with Platinum Pro modules. This is the first time I have seen one or heard about that so here is a picture. It looks sweet! The also have more LED's and they are brighter. So improvements have been made to Corsair's PRO memory.

That is it for today! The show opens tomorrow and I'm off to sleep off my jet lag! Enjoy and hope you liked these pre-show pictures. Comments are welcomed.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

God I wish I were there!!! That looks like a total blast, hope you are having the best time. I'll bet you had a tough time of it, being so excited and being so tired at the same time
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

Hey, nice place to be!

I read on a Hungarian site that some guys from a local review site are there too! :) If you see "Prohardver" guys, give them a "Hello" :)

Hope you see a lot of good stuff over there - and even bring some! :D
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

Hey Apop, is everything alright there? Any news from Computex, or is there nothing happening? :) ;)
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

i heard there was a mini earthquake there.... and a few road accidents....
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I'm actually starting to worry after seeing all of those new heatsinks you pictured. It seems like the temp issure is going to get worse, not better as we go along. Maybe the days of air cooling are coming to a close. Right now I'm on water, and I'm moving to improve and experiment with that, no more air for me.
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

Hey Apop!
Has the Computex ended? Are you home yet?
I bet you have a buttload of experience to share! :twisted:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

still in China for ACON4....

Fun times
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

When are you guys coming back??? Are you coming back????
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

If i was there they might have a hard time getting me to come back. But then i love being in other countries.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

yeah no kidding. Great experience that I highly recommend to everyone. get out and see the world. Hope they share lots of pics and stories IF they come baqck