PR:Corsair Announces Xtreme Low Latency DDR Modules: 2-2-2-5

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
exit
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by exit »

infinitevalence wrote:While its safe to say that for a while nothing amazing was coming from Corsair they have always been producing top notch memory. OCZ on the other hand while they make good memory seem to spend a lot more moeny and energy on marketing "new" products. While Corsair may not be exciting i think you would be hard pressed to find someone who was shiped dead XMS memory. Im not sure the same thing can be said of OCZ. and definatly not GEIL
If your not sure then don't post it :roll: Besides OCZ has top notch tech support.....I would say the best there is. So should you have a problem with the OCZ ram (that they hand test before shipping) then you will be taken care of.

drexor69

Corsairs ram was at one point the best you could get no questions asked. But these days they are trying to compete with OCZ, Mushkin, kingston and even a bunch of "no names" but are failing. They come out with these stupid sticks with LED's on them that don't oc well at all. Take a look at their pc4000 for instance. I've seen many posts about people not being able to oc the ram more than a few mhz...and some haven't even made rated speed.

Just for fun look at this

First the Corsairs twinx 4000pro
http://www.thecrucible.ca/reviews/twinx ... /index.htm

Now the OCZ pc4000
http://www.thecrucible.ca/reviews/ocz_pc4000/index.htm

Now you see from the results the OCZ did 270Mhz stable where the corsairs did 252mhz stable.

As for your "done nothing amazing".....well look at their OCZ EB line. Nothing anyone else has right now can touch it. I would even go as far as saying it's better than bh-5/6 8)

So now you think I'm an OCZ fanboy, but I just post what I see on the net and in my computers....so :P
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

exit wrote:(that they hand test before shipping)

So now you think I'm an OCZ fanboy, but I just post what I see on the net and in my computers....so :P
First off in general we are all nice to each other here. So i think it would be nice for you to tone down your post. I was suggesting that before OCZ ironed out their problems people were getting less than good ram. But i guess you were having trouble inferring what i was saying. As to OCZ current products; I got nothing against them. You said that OCZ hand tests their ram before they sell it. Well if you read any of the ram reviews on the website you will notice that there is no standard way to test. Some companies test for continuity and some put it in an actual computer and stress test it. I do not know how OCZ does their testing but just because they say they test it dose not mean that it is going to work right out of the box. I don’t think or an OCZ fanboy but I do think you need to show members a little more respect. We do welcome your opinion and your knowledge and experience, but please be polite about it.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

LOL!!

"EB Technology"?? Is this something like their ULN or ULN2 "Technology"? Or better yet, how about that EVP firmware on their modules that protect from overvolting??

Technology indeed.

That being said, I'm not going to get drawn into a long discussion or flame war. Suffice it to say I'll be spending my hard earned dollars with companies with a bit more credibility like Kingston or Corsair.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Don't forget that Nate wrote a PC4000 (DDR500) roundup a while back... tested ram from Corsair, OCZ, Geil, and Kingston. Note the errors in our charts. Compare this to the crucible's reviews.

http://www.legitreviews.com/reviews/ddr500/
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook