Future Look: The Optimus Organic LED keyboard

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Apoptosis wrote:Just found out that the Optimus keyboard is due to be launched on February 1st, 2006!
:faint:
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Oh I want one...this would be the only keyboard you would ever have to buy...well until it wore out in about ...hmmm...whats the warranty..1 yr...so then it would wear out in 366 days ;)

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Zinn2b
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Zinn2b »

Apoptosis stop your killing me . That keyboard and the RaptorX drives just got moveded onto my must use on high performance pc for 2006.The other product I moved to must have and use is a 24"samsung LCD.

These 3 items are going to add $2000+ dollars to my water cooled gamers.

The keyboard will add Whatever the cost.

The Raptor X will add $1000 + since I am going from 2 HD raid 0 to four drive raid 5. Plus i have to redsign my case to show off the watercooled RaptorX drives COST ????

I sold 51 watercooled gamers in 2005 37 AMD and 14 Intel. Since I don't sell sli machines I was able to keep cost of these machines at just under $5000.

I will contiue selling the old sytel gamer untill Intel conroe appears in july.

After CONROE COMES OUT I WELL SWITCH TO intel ONLY and ATI xf ONLY MACHINES AT WHICH TIME i WILL USE THAT NEW KEYDOARD and the 4 raptorX HD'S the 24" LCD and the redisgened case to show off the harddrives. Est . New Intel ATI gaming PC $7500.

2005 was my best year ever. I just hope that these prices don't kill me ! :finga:
Turtle 1 banned accused of being Zinn2b.

THE THREAT! I am going to tie your socks in a knott.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Which company do you work for zinn?
Zinn2b
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Zinn2b »

I own Raid Computers. I use to sell online at Raid Computers com . But I spent to much time with people that wanted a $500. PC. I don't do those nor can I compete with Dell on cheap PC's.

It was slow the first three years !st year sold 6 gamers . second year sold 8 . 3rd year 29 gamers and last year 51 gamers. I was hoping for 75 gamers this year but when swith to the Intel ATI only machines it coukd have a adverse effect on that part of my business.

When I switch to the new INtel ATI XF only machines I would be very happy to deliver one to your site for a review . I can tell you this you will be amazed at what I sell . The intake air on the new 2006 design is actually a air cleaner like the use in submarines. Your review would have nothing but praise tell we get to the $$$$.

Zinn2b
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Zinn2b »

I use to work for specielity engineering in Minneapolis (Maplewood) MN. I built the Cabinets for Digital equipments Super computers and the steal chassey for many CRTs.

Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

do you know what the latest word on price is?!??!?!! if its cheap enough i just may have to skip my building the laptop. LOL no whey!!! :insert owl picture:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Apoptosis wrote:Just found out that the Optimus keyboard is due to be launched on February 1st, 2006!

More info here
http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

Still due to be launched on February 1st........
Zinn2b
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Zinn2b »

This thing is just to cool to be real. I want like yesterday :finga:

Pesto
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Pesto »

Whoohoo! too bad i already got me a Logitech G15.. heh..
- Pesto
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Pesto wrote:Whoohoo! too bad i already got me a Logitech G15.. heh..
topsub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by topsub »

Zinn2b wrote:I own Raid Computers. I use to sell online at Raid Computers com . But I spent to much time with people that wanted a $500. PC. I don't do those nor can I compete with Dell on cheap PC's.

It was slow the first three years !st year sold 6 gamers . second year sold 8 . 3rd year 29 gamers and last year 51 gamers. I was hoping for 75 gamers this year but when swith to the Intel ATI only machines it coukd have a adverse effect on that part of my business.

When I switch to the new INtel ATI XF only machines I would be very happy to deliver one to your site for a review . I can tell you this you will be amazed at what I sell . The intake air on the new 2006 design is actually a air cleaner like the use in submarines. Your review would have nothing but praise tell we get to the $$$$.
Hey I think the main thing you have to sell on the cheap pcs is that you would use name brand low end parts. because you have to admint the parts dell uses are straight cheapest they can find on there 300 to 500 dollar range.

I have built about 6 - 600 buck low end computers that came to me rather then dell. Even after i suggested dell for cheap parts. With me after buying parts i ended up with just under 500 in parts.

Not telling you what to do just telling you how i go about it.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Looks like this came out yesterday: Optimus mini three keyboard
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

what about the actual keyboard?
Galaktican
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Galaktican »

I don't usually don't right articles, either.
wimmig
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by wimmig »

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but it's for the best.

I'm currently in Europe and can confirm i viewed a final production version of the keyboard yesterday. A media release will follow in 5 days.

It came out exactly as it was concepted. Flawlessly.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Bet no one can afford it - well except Bill Gates ;)

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

gvblake22 wrote:
audiophile wrote:so, i was thinking about it and i actually changed my mind on this keyboard.... i don't think it's all that awesome. why?

how the hell do you pop the keys off to clean your keyboard?
Do you really take all your keys off to clean your keyboard?!
I know I don't. Just turn it upside down, shake it a little bit, blow into the keys, turn it back right side up, then wipe the dust off it; that's how I do it at least...
I just use a can of compressed air... it works like a charm. Make sure you do it outside tho, because dust and crud goes flying everywhere.

About that Optimus OLED keyboard, it looks really cool, but the price will obviously play a major factor in if I buy.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Optimus Maximus pre-order starts May 20th

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/16/opti ... -may-20th/

So if you got the 1500 or so in cash... Let me know what you think of it
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

Funny, I just saw something on TV about this keyboard like 2 days ago, it looks great and it can show whatever you want on the keys which is pretty cool, too bad OLED costs so much atm :?