New Computer, Your Thoughts

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

That is sort of the case. DFI did away with the extra 4-pin PCIe header and added the additional 4-pin 12V header next to the old one. The board still has a total power supply pin count of 32. (24-pin, 4-pin, 4-pin)

So the power requirements didn't change from the SLI-DR to the Expert, just the layout of the board.
topsub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by topsub »

guys thanks so much i finally got it up and running, I did forgot to hook up the atx power.. oops. glad it didn't mess anything up

I can't believe the help you guys were giving me in such short time thats awesome,

to see more go here http://www.team-chozen.net/car/index.php?dir=./computer

What do yall think.. Next thing is more Hard drives more ram and a chair.. lol

Do you guys know of any updates that i might need to do.. Haven't connected it to the internet yet.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

topsub wrote:I can't believe the help you guys were giving me in such short time thats awesome,
NO NO NO.....

Your system is awesome!!!!!! 8)

I love the desk too.....
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

excellent setup, dude
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

audiophile wrote:excellent setup, dude
Indeed! That red Zalman Fatal1ty cooler in the middle looks really neat among all of the blue lights everywhere else. Kinda reminds me of a glowing heart or something (like in E.T.).

As far as updates, I would make sure you at least have WMP10, IE6 sercurity pack update, and directx 9.0c (the basics). Outside of that, you can DL as many of M$'s security patches as you want. Also get nVida's latest 81.98 driver as well as the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Also, how do you like that coolermaster AeroGate fan controller and temp monitor? I was very close to getting one of those myself.
topsub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by topsub »

i am realy happy with that coolmaster, Its very easy to read and after i did the first post i hooked everything up and forgot to hook up the cpu fan to it and soon as i booted it started beeping leting me know my cpu fan isn't working but i just forgot to hook it up. Simple to use, Simple to install, Just have to try and hide the wires
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

topsub wrote: Just have to try and hide the wires
yeah, definitelly. the wires are a mess. that should be a whole separate project in itself :lol:
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Very nice looking system!!

I have a couple of questions.... Is that a 120mm fan in the front? Also where did you order it from?

-Brian
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

why did u get 2 monitors instead of 1 single wide screen ? is it any better ?
topsub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by topsub »

well do the math 1 probly around 20 inch wide screen for 800 bucks or 2 19inch monitors for 800 bucks. I have more desktop space with 2 19 inch monitors.

Yes it is an 120mm fan on the front and Where did i order teh case or the fan from?
Strid3r-
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Very Nice

Post by Strid3r- »

Not sure about the case but of course I love the monitors and actual computer components. Have fun man. I'm very jealous of the dual LCDs I might have to get 'em myself.
AMD 64 3500+ (Venice)
eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLI Mobo
2 GB Patriot DDR400
eVGA 7600GS
Strid3r-
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

20 Widescreen

Post by Strid3r- »

Actually good 20.1 Inch Widescreen LCDs are going for as low as $460 when dell is running their 20% off LCD sale. So keep an eye out.
AMD 64 3500+ (Venice)
eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLI Mobo
2 GB Patriot DDR400
eVGA 7600GS
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Really nice system..... you didn't skimp on anything. You also did a very nice job putting that together, very clean.
topsub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by topsub »

thanks guys, I tried to not get cheap on anything. Wanted it to last me a while.