Vista Screenshots

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Vista Screenshots

Post by Kerii »

http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/vista/nov05ctp
Community Tech Preview (CTP) Build 5259

Well, at least now maybe those annoying Mac drones will stop with the XP "toy interface" jokes. In comparison, now OS X looks more like a toy interface. :P

I really could care less though, nothing beats pointy and boxy old gray. :mrgreen:

Maybe if Microsoft or Apple came up with a way to make transparency and rounded corners have a purpose, I'd consider it, but as of now, they just slow down my system and add no real value. :?
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

hmm, looks very nice. I really like those transparent menus. Too bad there is so much bad hype surrounding Vista that it's totally killing the anticipation :(

Frickin' M$ :roll:
Bite-Me-2
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bite-Me-2 »

It really does look very nice, just have to wait and see what the deal is when it's released............... 8)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

I've heard a few things about how they're cracking down on DRM with Vista....supposed to be a built-in feature for Vista that acts like Sony's XCP software: when you load a CD or DVD into the drive to make a copy, it reads it as the only copy you can make somehow. If you try to make another copy, it screws up and sounds like a bit-flawed CD or DVD when copied. Just a heads-up. I plan on sticking with XP pro for a long, long time until they loosen that up.
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

those screen look like something StyleXP could make. I think they hosed vista. I liked it better as longhorn.
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Yeah, why would I want a new OS when it means I can't copy cds and rip dvds the way I would on an older OS model lol
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

is the cd rip disability that the vista has a fact or a rumor ?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

got ahold of a beta copy of vista, wasn't impressed. I'll stick with XP for now.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

DeusEx wrote:is the cd rip disability that the vista has a fact or a rumor ?
FACT :cry: .....but It doesn't stop you ripping CD's/DVD's on another OS.....dual boot with XP and or Linux ;)

Someone always find ways to bypass silly protection things like this.....It won't take long IMO
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

that's what you use Hex Editors and command line editors for, lol :rolleyes:
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

i see it this way, they need to fix one os before they release a new one. look at all the spyware problems. Spyware wasnt a major problem till XP. They really need to get thier act together and fix the current problems. But me too, i will stick with my XPpro for a while. Besides the name longhorn sounded better. LOL

there were many many many problems when xp first launched, so waiting is a good thing.LOL
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

you know what i noticed ? these companies always manage to screw things up no matter what they do. why dont they hire regular people like us, even if we dont know all that much about comuters; we know what we want and dont want in an OS. i will never even consider vista if its full of these various restrictions that you ae mentioning.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

DeusEx wrote:you know what i noticed ? these companies always manage to screw things up no matter what they do. why dont they hire regular people like us, even if we dont know all that much about comuters; we know what we want and dont want in an OS. i will never even consider vista if its full of these various restrictions that you ae mentioning.
And that is the power of the consumer! I feel the same way... vote for an OS with your wallet!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Illuminati wrote:
DeusEx wrote:you know what i noticed ? these companies always manage to screw things up no matter what they do. why dont they hire regular people like us, even if we dont know all that much about comuters; we know what we want and dont want in an OS. i will never even consider vista if its full of these various restrictions that you ae mentioning.
And that is the power of the consumer! I feel the same way... vote for an OS with your wallet!
We pay enough money for our parts.....why pay M$ only to use our expensive parts?

2$
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

it looks pretty beautiful... the desktop icons are huge, but i'm sure you can customize that.

i can't wait for it to finally come out
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

ill take burning cds over nice desktop icons any day, but then again thats just me
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

not just you man......I like the prospect of being able to burn my music and movies several times to disk as I need to......none of this crap about being able to keep one copy on the network/computer and then not being able to rip it again.......XP Pro will do me just fine, as will Server 2003 Standard and 2000 Pro when I get both of em, lol.