dual layer

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
cope07
Legit User
Legit User

dual layer

Post by cope07 »

How can i write on a DL disk, yes i have a DL writer!

please help me?????
copey
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

first of all you need dual layer capable blank dvd's (they pretty pricey yet). then you write them the same way as single layer dvd's :P
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Sharpies work too

:lol:

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
cope07
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cope07 »

thanks iv got the disks and the wrighter but its not happening
copey
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Welcome to the forums cope07!

What software program are you using to make the DVD's? Is the software program seeing the optical drive? Sometimes Nero and other software progams don't dectect the drive it multiple drives are on a single IDE channel without jumpers being set.

Let us know why you can't write and we will try to help.
cope07
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cope07 »

It identifies the disc as a dual layer but it is only recording as a single layer (am using nero 6 to burn). Thanks
copey
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

ok ok back to seriousness

which program came with your burner? any? that program should do DL burns just fine, thats why they send it along with the drive ;) If you are using another burning software, then make sure you have the latest version ( check for updates ). If you still have problems...write back and someone will help you even farther.

I have never burnt a DL dvd since they cost WAAAAYYYYY too much.

Mike

gotta laugh at least once a day or life sux!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The original version of Nero 6 needs an update to burn dual-layer. So make sure you have the patch installed.

The Nero 6 update with Dual-Layer support in Nero applications can be downloaded now at http://www.nero.com
cope07
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cope07 »

thanks, i think i got the right one, but there where 4 of them :P
copey
cope07
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cope07 »

did not work would nero7 work
copey
cope07
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cope07 »

sorry can u help me with something else please how do i convert realplayer to dvd
copey
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

http://www.winavi.com/

that will do RM-dvd

so can you burn DL now?

and converting from a terrible format like RM to DVD is probably going to look REAL bad...maybe from divx or xvid might be ok, but RM is REALLY compressed and the quality usually isnt there...give it a shot and see what you think.

Mike
cope07
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cope07 »

thanks trying winavi now and no i cant copy dl yet
copey
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

cope07 wrote:thanks trying winavi now and no i cant copy dl yet
tell us what exactly happens? and what are you trying to write? is it data or film?
so you open nero and... give us a step by step info what you do and what happens, so we can figure out the problem.
any screenshots?
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

cope07 wrote:thanks trying winavi now and no i cant copy dl yet
when you say COPY DL - are you trying to copy a dvd/make a backup? If so they are protected and you cant d it with a regular burning program.

Mike
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

that's why I asked for details. original dvd's are protected by macrovision...
cope07
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cope07 »

thank you all got it done, iv got nero7 and it works and now i will try and help peeps the best i can thank u
copey