Suggestion for this site

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Suggestion for this site

Post by Merlin »

Hey Apoptosis,
I had and idea that you might want to consider putting on this site. Considering some of the issues I have had trying to learn about overclocking I thought it might be a big help to people like me if you had a page that was just basic info. I mean stuff like, if you plan on overclocking the first and arguably most important component is a steady power supply, followed by a mainboard that has good overclocking features and capability etc. You get the idea. If you had a page that just listed some of the basics with links to threads that discuss that topic then people could get a lot of info before they start to ask questions and experiment.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I am working on a Overclocking buyers guide and faq right now. I will have capper, apoptosis, and others willing look over it. When its done i will post it. I am trying to consolidate all my experience and reserch into one solid guide to help people from begining to end.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

hehe... Infinitevalence is already one step ahead of ya on this one ;)

I'm going to post it on the site for all to read and then link it to the forums for comments and all on it :)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

You couldn't pick a better guy for the job... well maybe unless you were going to do it. I think it is a great idea. Something I love about this board is how everyone is always willing to help everyone else, and is always so nice. you don't see that at many other boards, I feel sorry for new guys asking questions, they never ger answered and the guy gets flamed off the site. I would love to see the forums include how to's and ideas for things (like my cooling ideas and the O/C ideas), those are the kinda things that help people.... not the "Look at my Rig, it is so cool and everyone elses sucks" type crap
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Merlin im shooting for my guide to be done later this week and if i do a good enough job on it who knows it might even be front page material.
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by pastorjay »

Looking forward to seeing this! Should be a good read and a great link to newbies for some help!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Merlin »

Thanks guys, I would also like to compliment all of you for being the most helpful site I have found to date. All the questions you guys have answered for me had been asked before at other sites and I never got an answer till now THANKS and I look forward to your guide for newbs, you'll know for sure how good it is when I can no longer be called a newb, which will be soon I hope.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

infinitevalence wrote:I am working on a Overclocking buyers guide and faq right now. I will have capper, apoptosis, and others willing look over it. When its done i will post it. I am trying to consolidate all my experience and reserch into one solid guide to help people from begining to end.
Infinite, I'll look over it if you still need some feedback... or even just proof-reading.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

i will need both :) so thanks.