Talk about a rip off!!!

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Talk about a rip off!!!

Post by grunt »

On the 12th of January I ordered a 2gig kit of Ballistix Tracers from Newegg. Got it a few days later and immediately installed it in my brand new system I had been waiting to build once I got home. One problem after another with stability even at stock speeds. So I call crucial and they tell me to RMA it. So I PAY to mail it to them and wait for them to mail me a new kit. The new kit arrives about a week or so later, I open it up and its the YELLOW RAM! Yeah, wrong damn stuff. So before I a gasket I call them. They return my call a day later and tell me it was an error, then they tell me they have discontinued the kit. The customer service guy then tells me they can give me an in store credit if I would like!?!?! OMG!!! So I go off on the guy, cuz the stuff they sent me is about a hundred dollars less then what I bought and now I have passed my 30 day period so I cant even get my money back from Newegg!!!!!! Im waiting for a call back but it doesnt look pretty, Im sooooo fricking PISSED!!!!!!
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

Wow that sucks...you should have dealt with NewEgg first unless it said call manufacturer first. The Egg's support (AFAIK) is better than any RAM maker's...
Play
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz :: 8GB DDR2-800 :: eVGA 9800GX2 :: 7900GTX (secondary) :: abit IP35 Pro :: 150GB Raptor 10k RPM :: 2x750GB WD Caviar :: 120GB WD :: X-Fi XtremeMusic :: NEC 4551A :: BenQ DVD Combodrive (52x32x52) :: Dual 22" Acer AL2216W :: Thermaltake Armor Black :: Logitech Z5500 5.1

Work
Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHz :: 4GB DDR3 @ 1067MHz :: 3670 :: Intel PM45 Chipset :: 500GB 5400RPM SATA :: Integrated Audio :: BD-ROM/DVD Burner :: 16" 1920x1080 RGBLED
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

That's total bullsh1t.....I've heard that Crucial have discontinued that ram because of the probs with it.......Apop mentioned to me the newer sticks were not as good as the early batches either.
I can't remeber where I read it, but Crucial / Micron were still making them but only for RMA's etc.
That ram is about the only good thing Crucial have @ the moment, so giving you store credit is useless..

I know your were waiting for this stuff to get "Da rig" up and running.....this is total bull.......

I wouldn't stand for it....keep pestering them....find a name of someone high-up in Crucial and Micron and start spamming them everyday.....keep pestering them until you get what you paid for...
Even forward a link to this thread and advise them this thread will be the first of many, the'll soon give in! (hopefully)
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

yeah i always RMA with the company i bought from first then after one RMA does not work RMA with the company that made the stuff.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

is it me or are we hearing from more and more unsatisfied customers from new egg ? :?
XethaN
Legit User
Legit User

tell notgoodenough.com

Post by XethaN »

you could always try sending http://www.notgoodenough.com a message explaining your situation, they cover everything, and companies NEVER want thier name on this website and will do anything to get it off. lol.
my brother got a few things solved with major companies by going about it this way, ONLY if they wont give you a fair go.
Either way have a think about it and goodluck.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Grunt...

You are a long time supporter of Legit Reviews and you know we go out of our way to back our readers up. Please e-mail me your sales info from newegg and I'll contact Crucial tomorrow and see if I can get something worked out. No promises, but I'll see what I can do. If the IC's are EOL and gone then there is nothing that can be done. It happens to all the memory companies OCZ, Corsair, Crucial, Kingston all of them... They warranty with an equal or exact part when it come to ratings not overclocking abilities... which sucks for us enthusiasts.
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by pointreyes »

DeusEx wrote:is it me or are we hearing from more and more unsatisfied customers from new egg ? :?
Yep, I'm one of them. Sent tampered hardware device that cost me $460 and they still have not taken care of the situation. I might need to get my credit card company to get involved with this one since I'm about ready to call this fraud. My patience is wearing thin. No matter what NE does now-good or bad, they are no longer getting my business.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

kenc51 wrote:That's total bullsh1t.....I've heard that Crucial have discontinued that ram because of the probs with it.......
I heard the same. There are some huge threads about this on DFI-street and Xtremesys I believe....which is good because I was looking at buying some at one point.
Joe
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Talk to Newegg, they are reasonable people. They took some crazy stuff back from me.
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by pointreyes »

Tim Burton wrote:Talk to Newegg, they are reasonable people. They took some crazy stuff back from me.
Actually I did. This is the third attempt and this time a manager called me and is taking care of getting the situation that happened to me corrected.
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

you should have called newegg in the first place to get it replaced.

Try to call newegg as they have a good customer satisfaction reputation, maybe they will try to correct it for you.
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

pointreyes wrote:
Tim Burton wrote:Talk to Newegg, they are reasonable people. They took some crazy stuff back from me.
Actually I did. This is the third attempt and this time a manager called me and is taking care of getting the situation that happened to me corrected.
Keep us up to date about it.
JSN723
Legit User
Legit User

Post by JSN723 »

=(
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

i viewved this thread again just because of jsn723 typed "=("

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

All my experiences with Newegg have gone well. I just bought a case and PSU from them.
Durnock
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Durnock »

And people say customer service is dead.....

Guess that proves it. I hope you get it resolved!
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

I hope NewEgg isn't going down the drain....I love that place. I recommend it to ANYONE buying PC parts or building a PC, just the other day I made a list for a friend of what parts she would want on an $800 budget and sent her to NewEgg...
Play
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz :: 8GB DDR2-800 :: eVGA 9800GX2 :: 7900GTX (secondary) :: abit IP35 Pro :: 150GB Raptor 10k RPM :: 2x750GB WD Caviar :: 120GB WD :: X-Fi XtremeMusic :: NEC 4551A :: BenQ DVD Combodrive (52x32x52) :: Dual 22" Acer AL2216W :: Thermaltake Armor Black :: Logitech Z5500 5.1

Work
Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHz :: 4GB DDR3 @ 1067MHz :: 3670 :: Intel PM45 Chipset :: 500GB 5400RPM SATA :: Integrated Audio :: BD-ROM/DVD Burner :: 16" 1920x1080 RGBLED
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by pointreyes »

Tim Burton wrote:
pointreyes wrote:
Keep us up to date about it.
I received my device and this time it's definitely not a tampered device. Newegg is paying for the shipment of the device back to them. And they sent me the new device using next day shipment with Fed Ex. Today was the first day that I finally can capture my family's old Hi8 video in top-notch quality. That video was 8 years old and the color is still good - which it should be I got the Canopus ADVC300. :)
http://videosystems.com/mag/video_canopus_advc/

BTW: The night before I contacted newegg with my third attempt I did post a review of what happened to me on resellerratings. I'm not sure if the phone call plus the rating I provided was the reason for the quicker reaction buy I'm relieved that I was able to get this resolved without having to go through my credit card company. I was really getting concerned over this matter considering that I purchased this device on 2-2-2006.
Zeratul
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Zeratul »

Should RMA with newegg rather then going to the manufacturer, newegg has a year long warranty on all their stuff. (besides a few exceptions like CPU's).