Ebay items worth it? Monitor Question also

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
sbjlsmtj
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Ebay items worth it? Monitor Question also

Post by sbjlsmtj »

Hi all,
I've been looking at ebay for some items that I am thinking of buying, is ebay worth it? How often do you get something used from someone that is messed up? I know I can look at feedback about buying initially, but what if I have a problem with the purchase down the road?
I'm really looking at the 24"dell monitors on ebay, they say they have warranty thru dell and there are a ton of them on there, I've seen them going for sub 700 dollars, so would this be worth getting off ebay, seems like a big money savings but warranties worry me. Also, in the over 21" monitors, is the 24" dell a good monitor? I've a gamer but I don't play doom, so I might not need the super fast ms times but still, what would you all suggest? Thanks again
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

i sell all my broken items on ebay. broken telescope for 800$ sold last yr. they didnt know tho
NO TACT
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by NO TACT »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So not cool!
Strid3r-
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Strid3r- »

DeusEx wrote:i sell all my broken items on ebay. broken telescope for 800$ sold last yr. they didnt know tho
You F**K UP ebay....don't be a douche and do that.

eBay is one of the highest concentration of counterfeit parts so I'd be hesitant. Check on-line retailers first.
AMD 64 3500+ (Venice)
eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLI Mobo
2 GB Patriot DDR400
eVGA 7600GS
Strid3r-
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Ebay items worth it? Monitor Question also

Post by Strid3r- »

sbjlsmtj wrote:Hi all,
I've been looking at ebay for some items that I am thinking of buying, is ebay worth it? How often do you get something used from someone that is messed up? I know I can look at feedback about buying initially, but what if I have a problem with the purchase down the road?
I'm really looking at the 24"dell monitors on ebay, they say they have warranty thru dell and there are a ton of them on there, I've seen them going for sub 700 dollars, so would this be worth getting off ebay, seems like a big money savings but warranties worry me. Also, in the over 21" monitors, is the 24" dell a good monitor? I've a gamer but I don't play doom, so I might not need the super fast ms times but still, what would you all suggest? Thanks again
I have the 20.1" WS dell and it works great.
AMD 64 3500+ (Venice)
eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLI Mobo
2 GB Patriot DDR400
eVGA 7600GS
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

DeusEx wrote:i sell all my broken items on ebay. broken telescope for 800$ sold last yr. they didnt know tho
That is so low budget dude. Please post your e-bay sign on so I know to avoid you.

To be perfectly honest, when it comes to buying things off of e-bay I stay away from the high dollar items. You basically have no recourse if something goes wrong. Not to mention the price that you end up paying to include shipping never works out to be a good deal, unless you do count every penny and consider saving a few bucks worth the risk. Check out Newegg, Tiger Direct and ZipZoomFly. All excellent e-tailers with good customer service.

Razorbacx
Dragon_Slayer
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Dragon_Slayer »

That was dumb, Thats why poeple dont like buying on ebay cause of people like you!

I sell on ebay everyday, perfect condition items.and i buy on ebay
Just look at all feedback, and ask questions about the item to the seller. Im sure they will be gald to answer!

Go ahead and buy an item, but read discriptions carefully!
If something is wrong with the item and it wasnt disclosed in the listing you can go to Paypal, or ebay itself to get full refund for your item, if seller wont refund, but most likly seller will refund it.
goose
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by goose »

Thats just wrong!
Goose Out

DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

i said as is and described the condition accurately. i did not know the tracking device wasnt working cause i didnt use it for over half a year.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

if you are going to buy it from ebay, i would use paypal. they are a great service and very customer friendly.

I have only bought things that were under 100 bucks. i have had no problems with the items. just check the feedback.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
XethaN
Legit User
Legit User

Post by XethaN »

I bought a 21" monitor from a computer store that also sold items through ebay, it had a 1 month warranty and the thing shat its'self 2 days after the warranty ended, just bad luck I guess. As everyone else has said, READ the descriptions atleast 2x over, to make sure you dont miss anything.
But besides this i have bought many great things from ebay. no hastles
NO TACT
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by NO TACT »

I have bought a lot of skates and accessories lately from really nice people in the Eastern US recently. No issues and even excellent help with an issue I had with a couple of cheap plates.

I think common sense will protect most anyone. Of course there are still those who omit some vital piece of info to sell crap. :roll: